chapter two

CHAPTER TWO :
the smile you left behind. |

  |

DANIEL SLAMMED his fists on his desk, he yelled in frustration. his desperate cry of help — he wanted it to be heard; by her. but the only thing overshadowing his pain is the loud cries of thunder and strong flashes of lightning across the sky.

it was raining, once again. another sleepless rainy night in busan. daniel sighed, running his fingers through the locks of his hair, suddenly ; another memory flashed through his head — again.

"why do you keep touching my hair? it's greasy and oily," daniel whined, trying to get away from the girl's hands.

the girl groaned, before teasing him and hitting him on his chest repeatedly— which made daniel wince in pain, jokingly, before finally giving in to her.

"first of all, mr kang, your hair feels amazing. it's neither greasy or oily, it's soft and fluffy and i want to run my fingers through them forever," she confessed. daniel laughed, "well now since you put it that way, okay — i understand your love towards my hair," before wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her into a tight hug.

again, daniel screamed in frustration. he knew there was no way getting her back, although right now, he would have gotten on his bike and ride all the way to seoul for her— even if it takes days and going underwater.

suddenly, a text notification popped up. it was from jaehwan — hey, you free now? the boys and i want to watch a movie so we figured we could crash your place; and i would love to play with your cats.

daniel lets out a soft chuckle, before replying jaehwan with a 'come over :)'. exiting out of jaehwan's chat inbox, he can't help but click on hyemi's inbox.

their last text was a year ago — 'are you doing fine in seoul?' 'yes' 'ok take care, i love you,' 'i love you too,' and they never contacted ever since.

daniel tried to text her multiple times but everytime he does that, a prompt will come up.

SEND A MESSAGE TO:
hyemi 💞

i miss you |
send | delete

ERROR 64215:
the user is no longer in service

that made daniel annoyed, because every single time he had the chance of reducing the distance between them, something always has to come up.

every single time daniel thinks of her — he will forever be reminded of the day they both last saw each other. it's practically the one thing that he plays in his mind every single day.