Chapter 61: Levi!!!!

Natsume's pov

I was thrown into the wall, breaking through it and going into another house. Levi wasn't listening to me, if he wasn't going to listen I was just going to have to find another way for him to listen. "I don't get why you keep trying to stop me. You know you won't be able to. Not with your strength now." Levi walked out of the smoke as I stood up, coughing. "You don't realize how many tricks I have left up my sleeve, you bastard. I'm not going down easily because you are trying to kill these people. I'm not letting that happen." I stood up straight and gave him a deadly glare. "Well, then by all means.... Bring it." This was enough to get me, to slam my fists into the ground. "Ice dragon iron fist!!!" I flipped over and punched Levi, who flew back from the impact. I landed on my feet, pushing off of the wall and headed straight for him. "Fire dragon iron fist!!!" Levi caught my fist, but slid back as the impact blew some wind. "You're not gonna stop me from doing what I need to. I'm gonna get that book." I shielded myself with my arms, as he threw a giant energy ball at me. I caught the giant ball of swirling energy, "I'm not letting you do this, you should already know this after fighting with me on this for so long." I groaned feeling the pain, and after affect of the kick he gave me earlier. I was started to get pushed back, but I kept pushing on and resisting the urge to let it hit me. "Stop resisting the damn thing!! Just give up!!" He sent more energy towards me, pushing me back more. "I'm not gonna let these people die!" I emptied all of my magic reserves and ate the black ball of energy, this in turn made Levi disappear. It became quiet which made me feel uneasy, so I kept looking around seeing if I could sense anything.

But I couldn't and I also noted that Asuna had run off. "Where did he go?" I ran out of the house and down the sidewalk looking around. This isn't good. I kept running, checking houses and going up and down the street but he was nowhere to be found. Maybe he went after Asuna, but that means I have to go after her. I took off running in the opposite direction knowing that she probably went to look for my brother and the others, I have to find her and Natsu. As I was running, I came across an empty house with the glass broken. I ran past the house and suddenly stopped running. I felt this weird energy but then it just got worse, I froze in fear and dropped to my knees. "What's going on with me?" I started to feel really sick, but I pushed the pain back to go on. My vision felt a bit blurry, and I began to breathe heavy. "Why am I feeling this way? Was it from the energy blast?" I stood up still panting heavily, gripping my shirt over my heart. I need to find Wendy, but most importantly I need to find Asuna. Levi has disappeared again, leaving me to find him before he could get that book. I struggled to run, but pushed the pain back and ran faster. I must have been running for about an hour, because the town seemed empty which meant Chase and Keiko safely got everyone out of here. I heard yelling coming from the far right, "Shutup fla-" I recognized Gray's voice, "Who you calling flame for brains, droppy eyes?!!" I heard Natsu's voice, "Will you two quit it already?!!" I heard Lucy yell, as they came into view. "Wait a minute.... Isn't that Natsume?" I saw Gildarts, "Natsume!!!!!" Erza yelled as tears began to well, thank god they're alright. I then saw Laxus carrying Asuna on his back, she was safe too. Thank god, a tear ran down my face as I still felt dizzy. "Natsume," Gray yelled, as I began to feel worse than before. I clutched my chest and fell forward, "Natsume!!!" Lucy's voice was filled with concern and that's when I saw pink paws. "Come quick!! Something's wrong with her!!!" Happy yelled. "Sume, what's wrong?" I was rolled onto my back, "Oh my god, her scarf." I grabbed onto the closest thing to me, which happened to be Happy.

"Natsume, are you okay?" I shook my head, not able to form words. "Oh no, she must have taken in most of that dark energy. What did you do?" Asuna bent down next to me and touched my forehead. I was finally able to speak, "He threw the black energy ball at me, I knew that I couldn't it off for long. So I emptied all of my magic and ate it, but I was fine afterwards. Why am I feeling like my heart will explode?" Natsu bent down and held onto my upper body, putting it on his lap. "That black energy ball contained poison and other things toxic to the body. How big was the ball?" She asked, why was a six year old acting and speaking like she was our age. "This big," I cupped my hands to show her, and her eyes widened. "That's not good, we need to get her to the town's doctor now! He's the only one with the antidote that can cure her." Asuna yelled, as my vision began to blur. "Natsume, hold on just a little longer okay?" I nodded, as I felt a cold hand being placed on my forehead. "She's burning up," Gray used his magic to cool me down, "Asuna, the doctor might have already been evacuated from the city. Seeing as the town is now a ghost town, it's possible Keiko and Chase got them out of the town and somewhere safe." Laxus spoke up, "Then what do we do?" Tears started to fill in her eyes, "I'm not sure. Wendy is our only option." They turned to look at Wendy, who stepped forward and tried to use her magic but it wasn't working.

I felt my eyes grow heavy and could feel my consciousness slipping away, "Natsume, stay awake." Lucy shook my shoulder, but I could no longer keep them open. I was fighting, but this was a battle that seemed to not be my win this time.