Chapter 38: Cedar Clove Town

Natsume's pov

We got stuck taking the train, so Natsu and Gajeel got sick and were hanging out of the window of the train. "So Mika, what was your town like before it was taken over?" Lucy asked, "It was very peaceful. Since it's a small town, if something happened everyone would know. Everyone knew each other there. The guild that we have couldn't fight back against Levi, so the guild master told me about Fairytail. I'm the guild master's granddaughter, and a mage myself. But we need your help, in order to stop this guy. He is so strong, not even the strongest member of the village could stop him." Mika explained, sitting across from juvia, Lucy and I. "What's the person's name?" Erza asked, as she took a seat down next to Gajeel.

"His name is Levi Matsunaga. He is the man with the black magic. He's also the one, who took down the strongest villager and put fear into the hearts of my guild mates." She had a serious expression on her face, "Oh no, anyone but him." Levy said, looking up at Mika. "What's wrong Levy?" I asked, looking over to the bluenette.

"He is the man, that was working with Kato to destroy Fiore. He's planning to take over as many villages as he can, so that the blood they spill can be used from the book of nemesis. He was captured by the magic council, before the seven years we spent on Tenrou island. But before we came back, he escaped from the prison he was put in and was spotted taking down one of the dark guilds, who confronted him so they could get a reward for turning him in." Levy looked back down at her book, "What does he look like, Levy?" I looked over at the blue haired mage.

"Its says here, he has short spiky red hair and reddish magenta eyes. But it also says during those seven years we were missing, he changed his look. Now it says that he has short black hair and still has his reddish magenta eyes." Levy took off her, reading glasses and looked back up at Mika.

"Mika, is this how he looks?" Mika looked down at the table and then at us, "Yeah, that's exactly how he looks. Please you gotta help my town, if he is willing to spill blood to resurrect someone then you have to stop him from killing off my town. Please stop him, he's already taken away someone we loved." She begged and I stared into her grayish eyes, "It's gonna be alright Mika. We're gonna stop him no matter what." Lucy reassured, and I nodded in agreement.

"How far is this town?" Gray asked, "Passengers we have arrived at Clove Town station. We can't get to Cedar town because of the blockage there. If any passengers are headed to Cedar clove town, then make your way off the train and head to the ticket booth." The conductor spoke in a monotone voice and we all got off.

"So Erza, how do we get there?" Natsu asked, as she walked up to us. "We have to go through a forest to get there. All of the main roads were blocked off for some reason." She said, turning to us. "Levi.... He must have noticed that I left." Mika spoke up, "Why do you say that?" We all looked to her, "He has a rule. That rule is if any towns person should leave, he'll shut the place down. But since our town is a tourist attraction for people to stay, we won't get any money coming in. If we don't have money coming in, he'll punish the entire town." Mika looked down at her hands and I saw a tear drop.

"He must have hurt someone because I left. I only wanted to help my village, I just wanted them to be happy. But all I did was screw things up, he warned me the last time I screw up he would hurt someone in my family. I screwed up big this time. He's gonna hurt my family, he's gonna hurt him." She started crying in her spot, next to Juvia. I walked over to her, grabbing her hands and pulled her into a tight hug. "It's gonna be okay. I promise that my friends and I will do everything in our power to stop Levi. You hear me? If he hurts your family, he's gonna have to answer to us. Right guys?" I looked back at them, "That's right. Right!" They all said, "Let's get a move on shall we!!" I said, pulling her forward.

Two hours later......

"Mika, is that your town?" The town looked so peaceful, but I noticed something in the streets. "What is that?" Satoru pointed out to the giant pole in the middle of the town, "No, he-" Mika took off, running towards the town without another word. "Wait come back Mika!" We ran after her, following her into town. "Mika slow down." I felt as something was wrong, when I spotted the trap she was headed for. "Mika stop!" I ran faster and pushed her away, as a giant explosion went off.

"Natsume? Mika?! Are you two alright?" Gray yelled out and I struggled to get up. "Oh my god, Natsume. You're bleeding really bad." Lucy and Levy helped me stand up, "Mika, are you alright?" I asked as I couldn't see well, because of the blood coming down my face.

"Yeah, I can't move my leg though." She said, "Natsume, can you see out of your right eye?" Lucy asked, "No, not really. Either it was from the explosion, or its from the blood on my face." I said, "Mika, I see you came back." We all turned to see a tall man, with brown hair and blue eyes. "I see you brought more people to help you get rid of Levi." I looked at him, "Oh, and since you screwed up, your brother is up on the pole getting punished." I looked back at Mika, who's eyes brimmed with tears and her face filled with fear.