five

Let's take a chance and don't ever look back

Don't ever look back

The song finished as the people in the small venue applauded. They were doing a few songs for the night, and by far this was they best they've played so far.

They got off the small stage and got in the small spare room of the restaurant to take a break.

"That was our best performace yet guys." Michael said, still panting but with a huge grin on his face.

"Especially Ashton over here." Calum teased and wiggled his eyebrows at his sweaty bandmate.

"Is it Cathy?" Luke laughed and the three of them stared at Ashton with teasing eyes.

All he did was raise his brow and laughed at how stupid the situation was. He wiped the sweat over his forehead.

"Are you guys serious? I don't like Cathy." he shook his head.

"Ashton's got a cruuush" Michael singsonged as Luke and Calum joined in.

"I mean, she's alright but, I don't know." Ashton shrugged.

"ASHTON AND CATHY SITTING ON A TREE" Luke pranced around the room while Michael and Calum did the same thing.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Ashton just sat there on the coffee table sipping on his water bottle observing the three acting like lunatics jumping around while he laughed to himself.

Cathy was alright, but there was something off about her. Something in her eyes just looked tired and sad. Ashton thought. Maybe I could fix her

"Fine, if you really ship us that hard, I'll ask her out." He tried to silence the hyperactive boys.

Calum, Michael and Luke silenced for two seconds and erupted in joy and chanting out possible couple names for them, taking their shirts off and whirling them around.

"Cathton!"

"Ashthy!"

"Irlliams!"

"Wirwin!"

Ashton just laughed and got up then reminded the boys they had to be on in 2 minutes while changing his shirt.

After their show ended, the boys went to get some fast food and tried to write a few songs. Ashton having the most ideas.

"I swear you're extremely inspired today. It's been lasting for hours, mate." Calum ruffled Ashton's hair.

"Wirwiiiiin" Luke singsonged.

"Shut up guys, if I weren't here the band won't exist."

"If you hadn't met Cathy your songs wouldn't exist." Michael winked.

"Well then, I guess I'm calling it a night guys." Ashton waved goodbye and laughed sarcastically to his bandmates.

He walked out into the city, taking in the sight. It was a small town, but it was beautiful at night.

Digging his hands into his pockets and searched for warmth. He didn't use his car, since his parents bought him a condo that was just a few blocks from where he came from. They got it for him probably since they wanted less hassle around the house and they knew Ashton could take care of himself.

We went into the building and impatiently tapped his foot inside the elevator, chewing on his inner cheek.

Zoning out and just letting his body go "autopilot", he brushed his teeth and changed into more comfortable clothes, stuggling a little bit while wiggling out of his extremely tight jeans.

He then got to bed and thought to himself. Am I crushing on Cathy? Or do I just really, really, really like her?

I guess I'll just leave her a small note later then.

At the same time, the boys at the restaurant were exchanging confused looks.

Random theories of the reasons behind Ashton's weird behaviour were thrown around by the puzzled teenagers.

They all ended up with a common theory, which was his state of denial with his feelings for that quiet brown haired girl.

He was possibly confused with himself if he liked her a lot or if it was just slight infatuation with her dark brown eyes and innocent personality.

It was either that or the constant teasing.

The next day, 3/4 of the group (excluding Ashton since he probably had a student council meeting or something) asked Cathy at her locker if they could hang out after class

She couldn't go since she had to go to the doctors that afternoon.

"Sorry guys, I have a uh-- thing at a place today." she stuttered.

Having a conversation was still new to her so she messed up a few times and since lying wasn't a thing she was used to, she sucked.

The boys didn't believe her but they just let it slide. She possibly just wanted to rest after all that shit they did the other day.

A few hours later, Catherine was at her doctor's appointment, and sadly, she wasn't getting any better, not even a bit.

The doctors insisted that she be admitted, but as usual, she refused.

"I'm going to die anyway. So there's no reason to spend extra thousands of dollars to keep me breathing for an extra few weeks as a weak and pale teenager on a hospital bed having tubes everywhere with no more to expect from life." She said as if she made up her mind for a while now.

This answer made her mother break down to tears, and all she could do was comfort her.

"Mom, it's fine. Please stop. I'm still here."

Since no one could do anything about her decision, her doctor just recommended that she'll stay away from strenuous activities and takes breaks often.

The week passed and again, the same thing happened. Tests, boring teachers, annoying school jerks and homework. For the boys, their popularity was heightening by the second. They played at that small place every other night and every time the crowd would just get bigger.

And at the same time Ashton was crushing on Cathy like a hopeless school girl.

He tried making that note, but it every time it ended up too long, too short, too cheesy or too sappy.

Luckily none of the other boys caught him, since the teasing would just get worse. He hasn't even talked to her properly and it's been a week.

Cathy on the other hand tried to discreetly avoid her new and only friends. She knew that if she'd be closer to them, they'd grieve so much and get so sad. Despite her feelings for Ashton, she had to.

But she felt that she'd have to confess to Ashton about it. So she took a clean piece of paper and started scribbling on it.

~~~

SORRY FOR SPELLING MISTAKES GUYS IM ON MY PHONE

And i say decided too much.

oh yeah anddd uhhh hmmm

I'M STARTING TO THINK THATT, MAYBE I SHOUUULD

THANK YOU ALL FOR 200 READS I'M GIGGLInG LIKE A CHILD RN

And since I want to do better than that, I want to have...

GOALS FOR EACH CHAPTER *applause*

So the next update will be in:

10 reads

5 votes

5 comments

QOTC : Blue or Purple?

-aaaaaabbbbbbeeeeeeehhhhh