seven

DISCLAIMER: This book is based on ANYTHING but She's Dating the Gangster. That's not how I roll okay? Okay. Just wanted to put it out there

Hours past by and Cathy was just spilling out everything to Ashton. She told him about how her dad taught her piano when she was six and she plays it to express herself and how he died when she was eleven. How she held her mom's hand at his funeral, how she hates eggplant, how she is in love with One Direction (A/N I HAD TO OKAY?)and how much she loves cloth headbands.

Then Ashton told her about how he was assigned to check her Science paper once and that she was absolutely brilliant on explaining her opinion on religious science and that she related it quite well to Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. How well she expresses herself on student surveys and how cute she looks when she wears her hair in a half ponytail. Also how he loves reading her feature arcticles on the school paper.

"Wait, if you play piano, maybe you could join us tomorrow night and we'll try a slow song." Ashton suddenly realized.

"I don't know I mean probably no one would like it and..." She rambled but he cut her off.

"I guess I'm buying you another donut then..." Ashton started but she pulled him down back to his chair.

"I haven't played for anyone though and I'm not used to being, watched or even noticed." She looked down to her hands.

Ashton lifted her head up, "Look, this will be like an extensive exercise for our little lesson."

"You and your lesson plans." She rolled her eyes.

They both laughed and Cathy actually realized how all these years she found herself a waste of  everyone's time and how she thought she was worthless was all just her being an obstacle in her own way since now, she found out there actually were things to love about herself. Not in a conceited and self-centrred way, but in a way that she would half just the right amount of self-confidence. Something everyone should have.

"Thanks Ashton."  She said while he sipped on his second cup of hot chocolate.

"For what?" He blinked, confused.

"For everything." She sighed.

"All I did was buy you a donut."

She laughed, "It was more than that."

"Thanks too, Cathy."

"For accepting your donut?" She joked.

"No, for being with me and putting up with my lesson bullshit." He looked down and blushed, since the main reason he was here was that he wanted to go on a date with her. "Actually I, uh..." he continued, deciding to tell her that instead.

She raised her eyebrows telling him to continue but he changed his mind and thought as quickly as he could for something to say but instead his cheeks just turned red, Cathy giggling at the sight.

"Well thinking you being the school heartthrob, it's weird the Ashton Irwin is losing his words." She winked.

"I have to tell you though, it's not because of the lesson plan I brought you here, I just wanted to get to know you and I kind of like you a little lot, a lottle, or a whole lot." He said the last part a little too quickly, but Cathy somehow understood, making her eyes widen in disebelief.

"Can you hear yourself or is your cough medicine having side effects?" She tried to joke.

"I'm serious," he said still blushing. "I kind of had for a long time now and just had this stupid plan and I think it's working now." He laughed at himself with pity and looked down.