ten

The color flushed from Cathy's face.

"Guys, c-can you give us a minute?"

They gave Ashton quick hugs and stepped out giving the two privacy.

"It was my file, wasn't it?" She snapped.

He nodded, not wanting to meet her eyes.

"I love you okay?" She hugged him tightly around his shoulders.

"You're not mad?" He asked, surprised.

"Ashton, we all have clocks. And ours are ticking up fast. I can't be mad. Every sixty seconds unhappy can't be taken back. And now, every single second, every single breath counts" she spoke softly.

"My dad once told me that life wasn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by what you did taking in those breaths." he smiled weakly.

"Fucking deep." She chuckled.

"I know." Despite being weak and pale, he still managed to lift her up even just a little. Thats what she loved.

"You were amazing by the way." she complimented.

"You were there with me." He smiled

Moments later, the three boys from outside tried, but failed to silently take a peek at the two's exchange.

"I can see you dipshits." Ashton laughed.

They came in, tear stained faces slightly pink. Until Michael managed to say, "I got some digits scored." wiggling his eyebrows and trying to lighten the mood.

"Well I'm sorry if you're horny little weiner is losing points due to my condition, but who was that?" The boy on the hospital bed sighed.

"Some hot girl that he spilled a drink on." Calum laughed, earning a slap from Michael.

For about ten minutes they debated on how Michael's ways of scoring girls are less than classy, and exchanging stories of how his past hookups started.

"But that Cristine girl's face when you slipped in front of her." Luke threw his head back in laughter.

"Calum tripped me!" He defended himself.

"I was ten fucking feet behind you, cunthead!"

Just like the first time they hung out, they laughed without a care in the world. Like nothing was wrong. They were happy. Despite the tragedy of what was happening, they were there, in each other's company, laughing their heads off, happily.

"Are you gonna phone your mom Ash?" Michael said after the laughter died out, the situation becoming serious.

"She chose that guy that looked like a donkey and abuses her over me. She wouldn't give a fuck anyway. All she does is send me cash for the apartment and that's it." He said, staring into space with no emotion.

"Ashton, seriously you came out of her vag for fuck's sake. She gives a fuck about you." Calum tried to make him understand.

"Ashton, please." Cathy begged, a little shocked by Calum's comment.

"I don't know, to be honest. I mean two years isn't that long but-- I just don't know." Ashton sighed.

"Well my mom could give mom-ing lessons to your mom." Luke shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Can we just drop this?"

And with that, the group drifted up to another topic.

Again, despite the many protests of the doctors, Ashton got out of the hospital. The next few weeks they were inseperable. After school they just sat around playing random songs or sending snapchats of their feet. Just living as they are really.

A few times Michael disappeared from sight probably with that girl he spilled a drink on.

"Did you spill another drink on her?" Luke teased.

"Or slip again?" Calum messed up his hair.

"At least I got her wet the first time we met." He flipped both of them off.

Their bantering was loud and all they did was shoot lame comebacks at each other while Ashton and Cathy were in their little world, doing cute little duets on the piano.

"How about we both go to your mom?" Cathy suggested abruptly.

"I- l'll think about it."

"Really?"

"I don't know." He sighed.

Aftet that, Cathy went home to see that again, her mom was not home because of work.

And so, she just scrolled on instagram and tumblr for the rest of the day while eating a large sandwich. Not knowing that a small paper in her room flew out her window to enter the outside world.

At the same time, Ashton was scribbling down on a paper, his thoughts jumbled, not knowing what to write.

~~~

wow i suck.

ITS REALLY SUCKYABD BORING AND SHITTY BUT IT WILL GET BETTER AND MAYBE SADDER IDEK. I LOVE IT WHEB YOU THREATEN ME TO UPDATE I MEAN ♥♥♥♥

Plus like 400 skmething reads is fucking crazy wow.