Chapter 8

'HOLY SHIT, I failed so badly!' Nanami leaps across the trees pas she tries to out run the Kumo Anbu.

'Why are there Kumo Anbu here in the land fire?! Shit I can't fight them, there's no doubt if I engage them I'll end up in the Bingo books' Nanami cursed her stupidity for getting seen so easily.

"Shadow clone Jutsu" 50 clones appeared and Nanami singled for them to disperse, separating the Anbu. Into five groups.

The original Nanami had one Anbu following her. Placing a seal down on the tree she just landed on she dives to the ground. A loud explosion following her.

"And that's why you don't underestimate seals" She laughs childishly. (A/N I suck at fight scenes)

Nanami winces when all her clones pop at once. "I really need to remember to not let them pop all at once".

I need to report this back to Jiji.
-Line Break-
"Lord Hokage! Why are you letting a Uzumaki woman impersonate Namikaze Luka?

Shouldn't she take care of Miss Kushina instead?" A man with Crimson hair and onyx eyes stared at the Hokage waiting for an answer.

"Akira-san, As much as I would like to answer your questions I'm afraid you're asking me to reveal a S class secret" Hiruzen states calmly.

Just as Akira went to snap at the Hokage, A scarlet blur crashed through the window and into him the two landing in a heap.

Nanami untangles herself from the crimson haired man and walks up to Hiruzen.

"Jiji. There are Kumo Anbu around the village borders." I managed to take them out but what do you suppose this means?" She states calmly. Acting as if she didn't just crash into the office and into some poor man.

"Nanami, should you really be saying that now?" Hiruzen asked looking towards Akira.

Nanami shrugs. "The Crimson Reaper of the hidden leaf right? Then there's no problem in him knowing this. Now back to the topic, I believe they're after Kushina."

Hiruzen raises a brow, a frown setting on his face. "Why do you believe that?"

Nanami crosses her arms. "Because it's Kumo and their current Kage isn't the most sane. He's probably after the Uzumaki blood line. Kushina is the only known Uzumaki left, plus I've seen this happen before the stupid man's too greedy."

Hiruzen nodded. "I see. Nanami I'm assigning you a new mission. B rank. You are to take Kushina into your home and protect her"

"Yes. Lord Hokage."

Akira watches wide eyes in the background. "Wait! Tell me why you're pretending to be Luka?"

Nanami turns her head towards the crimson head man. "I'm not impersonating her. That would mean that I'm pretending to be Namikaze Luka. But I'm Namikaze Nanami, so what do you mean?"

Hiruzen snuffed a smile under his hand. "Why pretend to be Minato's mother then."

Nanami shook her head. "I'm not pretending. Minato is related to me by blood. So I don't see the problem. Do you want him to grow up alone?"

Akira spluttered. "No of course not!" "Then why do you have a problem with it? Minato is my child by blood and that's final."

"Jij. May I be dismissed?" Nanami turned towards the Hokage who gave a nod in return.

"Good. Classes should be over soon and I need to pick up Minato.

Academy
Nanami waited outside patiently for Minato and Kushina to come out of the building.
Twirling a Kunai between her fingers.

She heard the bell go off signaling that it was the end of the day and put the kunai back in it's scroll.

"Oka-Chan!" Came a cheery voice. Turning towards the owner of the voice Nanami smiled brightly.

"Minato." Said Boy came to a stop just before his mother.

"Did you go on a mission?! You're in your ninja gear." Mina to babbled excitedly.

"That's right B rank mission to get rid of some rogue ninjas that got to close of the village. Now can you get, Kushina for me? I need to tell her something important."
Nanami replied.

Minato nodded his head. "Okay!" Then bolted back into the building, coming out a few minutes later with a confuse Kushina.

"He said you wanted to talk to me, Miss Nanami."

Nanami nodded. "Mmhmm. I need to to you two something important so walk with me okay?"

Kushina and Minato nodded and both began walking beside her.
"Now Kushina you recalled that you are the last known Uzumaki in the elemental nations correct?"

Kushina nodded her head she didn't like where this conversation should was going.

"Well the Hokage has gain access to some information saying that the Raikage wants you. A Uzumaki with the ability to use chakra chains. So he has sent spies.

To be safe the Hokage wants you to start living with Minato and I, since I'm better equipped to protect you. So would you like to stay with me?"
Nanami kneeled down to Kushina's height.

Kushina stood shock. There were people after her? And Nanami wanted her to move in with her?!

Kushina didn't know wether she should be sacred or happy. First of all people wanted to kidnap her! Second of all Nanami wanted her to move in with her. So she settled or happy.

"Yes! I would love to move in with you Miss Nanami!"

Nanami chuckled. "That good why don't you head back and pack. I'll be there in an hour to pick you up okay?"
Kushina nodded furiously and sprinted away.

Minato stood by his mother gobsmacked. "There are people after her? Because of her bloodline?"

Nanami nodded sadly. "Yes. That's why we'll protect her. Right?"

Minato smiled. "Yea we will!"

----
A/N Okay this pretty much the best I could do. I'm so sorry for the wait but I think I can finally start updating this story faster now. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter next one will be up soon! I hope at least.