Chapter 6 The qustion

Nanami awoke with a groan. The night before was quite pleasant with a few more people at the table, and it look like Minato was enjoying his time with the two men. Yet this didn't quench her curiosity of Sakumo. She wanted to meet the man so badly, to see if the pain he put Kakashi through was worth escaping this world.

Nanami's red hair was fanned out underneath her as she continued to pounder to herself. A quiet knock on the door snapped her out of her thinking. "Ka-chan? It's time for breakfast" Minato grumbled, his stomach growling.

Minato blushed as Nanami giggled at her sons embarrassment. "Okay, I'm up! Lets make ourselves something to eat, yeah?" Minato laughed and asked Nanami a favour. "Huh, You want me to make two extra bento boxes for your friends? Who?" Nanami couldn't help but asked. She wondered if that Uchiha boy was one. Uchiha Kagami?

"Umm, yes. Uchiha Kagami and Kushina Uzumaki" Minato spoke silently. Nanami blinked in shock. Wasn't Kushina suppose to befriend Minato after they became Genin? 'I should of known' Nanami thought to herself, patting Minato's head unconsciously. "Ehh, Ka-chan?" "Oh! Umm, sure. Why not?" She quickly answered running into the kitchen.

Nanami figured that she should make something a little more fancy to meet the Uchiha's standards, and to give little Kushina some good to eat. 'Jeez, Minato called me ka-chan six times yesterday and I didn't react because I forgot I was female!' Nanami cursed at herself for making such mistakes. She was lucky that Kazuki had covered for her.

"Ka-chan? Why are you so young?" Minato asked, wondering why his mother looked as young as Akira and Kazuki. "Oh, Well you see. I was experimenting with seals, and--- I... made a mistake. Yes, a mistake and the seal took away ten years away from my body. So physically I'm 19, and I don't really remember 10 years of my life." Nanami stuttered trying to make up a believable excuse for her current situation.

Minato stared at her for a few seconds before smiling. Nanami couldn't tell if he believed her or not, but took it as a win anyway. "If you say so ka-chan. I have one more question" "What is it Minato?"

"...What's sex?" Minato asked curious about what the word ga meant. He ha heard some Genins talkimg about how great it felt and wanted to know what it was. "Umm, Mina-chan. Where did you learn that?" Nanami spoke gently, her tone of voice betraying the deadly aurora surrounding her. Scarlet red hair splitting into nine different parts.

"I heard my upperclassmen talking about it" He answered. He had no idea why Nanami looked so angry. "Well Minato. You'll just have to wait intill you're older, and don't you dare try to asked anybody else this question. understood?" Nanami growled demonically.

"Y-yes!" Minato whimpered. Nanami instantly losing her demonic aurora smiled, pleased. "Good. The bento's are done now. Go get ready for school now." Nanami voiced cheerfully. She was getting used to being referred as a female. Still a little weird though.

Living alone for so long had made Nanami accustomed to cooking and baking. She had loved re-creating dishes that her mother had left behind for her, yet they were all back in the future. Guess she'll have to re-write them all in a new scroll.

"Well, I'm off!" Minato called out to his mother running out with his lunch. "Have a nice day!" Nanami shouted back.

'Well then.' Nanami thought to herself. 'Guess I'll head off to Hiruzen demand-- I mean try to get a mission with Sakumo.'

XXXXXX

When walking through the village, Nanami spotted a panicked Kushina running towards the Hokage tower, and wondered if she had finally discovered that Kurama wasn't in her body anymore. Wait. She noticed that Kurama wasn't within her anymore! 'Shit' Nanami cursed, dissolving into a whirl wind of blue flames.

"Hiruzen. Kushina has notice, what should we do?" Nanami asked him.

Just as the thought had ended Kushina had crashed into the room, the door broken into pieces. "Kushina?" Hiruzen asked feigning curiosity. "Hokage-jiji! The kyuubi isn't inside me anymore! The seal is gone!" Kushina shouted frantically, the fear clear inside her eyes.

"Kushina is alright. I know what has happened and will explain it to you. Just calm down" Hiruzen explains. Nanami gestures toward Hiruzen to allow her to talk a story ready in her head, sure there are a few holes and such but it's better then nothing.

"Hiruzen, allow me to explain?" "You may." "You see Kushina, before the fall of Uzushiogakure, and before you arrived to Konoha, I had left the Village. Do you know why?" Nanami asked Kushina, who only shook her head. "It's because I had the Kyuubi no Kitsune sealed inside of me. The Yang part at least." Nanami said slowly, letting the information process inside of Kushina's brain.

"Then why is the part I have gone?" Kushina asked. "Because of me. When I returned to the Village, I had fully control of the chakra, thus making mine more powerful." "And that has to do with anything because?" "Because mine was more powerful the chakra was absorbed into me the last time we met." Nanami finished, hoping that her explanation had made sense.

"Yes I see. Nanami-nee." Kushina nods understandingly. Nanami smiles and holds her hand towards Kushina. "You want me to take you back to the academy?" She asks Kushina who nods happily.

While walking to the academy, Nanami noticed people giving her strange looks. She understood why. Namikaze Luka. Real mother of Minato. The woman who people assumed had disappeared.

She wasn't her.

"Nanami-nee. We're here." Kushina called out, tugging at Nanami's hand. "Oh, I see. Have and a nice day Kushina. Tell Minato that you and his other friends are free to visit anytime" Nanami smiles gently patting Kushina's head.

Turning to leave she felt small arms around her waist. "K-kushina?" Nanami squeaks surprised by the child.

"Thank you." Was all Kushina said before running inside.

"No, Thank you." Nanami whispered, turning to walk away.