Chapter 2 - Carried away

You gasp at the top of your lungs and feel like your chest is about the explode. You throw yourself on all four and start crawling through the dust, underneath the pipes towards the little hatch door that seems miles away at this moment. "Y/n!" Brahms shouts out and he's right behind you now.
You look back with a scream stuck in your throat, as you see his naked feet and tall legs standing on the floor. Right at the opening of the tiny passage where you just crawled, seconds ago.
Your head starts spinning and your mouth has gone completely dry. You try to swallow but can't. You just stare at the legs as they bend down, Brahms stands on all four and looks right at you. Like some kind of animal. The eye holes in his dirty mask slightly illuminated by a ray of light coming through the walls.
"Y/n? Come back." He speaks softly, panting underneath the mask.
You feel your face distort into a terrified grimace, and teardrops start filling your eyes. You let out a whimper and the tears stream down your face. "I'll be good! I will!" he begs, his voice cracking as it turns from childlike to desperate. You hear his heavy breathing, see his face come closer, staring at you through the clutter of pipes. "Y/n!" he yells. His voice getting more distressed. His hand reaches out, closes in and you scream wide open in a full blown panic. You turn around and try to dodge his hand by throwing yourself backwards, and hear a loud metallic thud echo through your ears.
You banged your head on a pipe.
You can feel your body slowly collapsing down on the floor, the thud ringing in your ears. The back of your head gets hit once again when you land on your back, and everything turns black before your eyes.

The sound of footsteps.
You feel nauseous, and your head is pounding with pain.
You try to open your eyes, but must blink several times before you can see anything.
Everything is so bright and hurts. You can feel your feet dangling in the air, and your arms too. Someone is carrying you. What happened...? Why are you being carried?
Your vision is blurry when you slowly open your eyes again. Someone with dark hair. A strange face. Someone who smells of sweat and body odor. His eyes look down at you.
It's him.
It's Brahms.
You close your eyes. Everything starts coming back to you now. How you brought someone into his house. How you asked him for help. How he killed Cole. You were supposed to look after him. No wonder he is angry. And the strange discoveries you made in his hidden room. The doll... the dress-wearing doll on the bed. The things he must have done to it, considering the crumpled up handkerchief... The things that must have gone through his mind. 
You look up at him again through tears. "Please don't hurt me." You whisper.
Brahms looks down at you and shakes his head slowly.
You close your hurting eyes again and fight to stay conscious. You feel him carry you up the long stairs, through a hallway and into a room. His childhood room. He stops, kneels down and lays you on the bed. You feel a bit more awake now, and manage to open your eyes fully. Brahms stands up, and from your perspective on the bed he looks even more towering than earlier. You begin to feel threatened. He looks down at you with bloodshot eyes, tilting his head slightly to the side. Breathing slowly underneath the mask, his wet chest moving up and down. He turns around and picks up something from a book shelf by the bed. You stare nervously at his tall back and sloping shoulders while he fiddles with the object. He then turns back around and puts it on the night stand next to you.
It's a music box. And it plays Brahms lullaby.
He pulls the bed covers over your body and walks out the door. Before he disappears he observes you for a short moment. And the horrifying, mad rage that was there in his eyes when you watched him stab Cole in the neck was gone, as if it had never even been there. He closes the door and you hear his footsteps walk away through the corridor. You close your eyes and fall into an uneasy sleep within a minute, to the soothing melody of the old music box.