Chapter One

Rose. The one rose. Red, no, white. White rose. Why. Why was it here. Of all things, why a rose. Nevermind that, none of you know me. My name is Kyoka. Or Kayo for short. I've been dealing with a lot of things all my life. Abuse, rape, and so much more. I'm considering just killing myself. I really am. I have a plan, everything. The time i don't have, not yet. I'm giving everybody one more chance, if they dont help me, I'm going to kill myself. Overdose on some meds I have. If nothing gets better by next month, consider me dead. But, I saw somebody today. She looked nice. Long blonde hair with red tips, icy blue eyes mixed with a bright green. I don't know her name, I just heard people calling her "Nano". I'm gonna see if i can talk to her.. I doubt she'd listen to me anyways. She's always got earbuds in her ears, listening to music. She draws a lot, sometimes writes music sheets for fun. She carries a mini guitar case with her, I'm guessing for a ukulele. Cute..

     She walked up to me today. During lunch, I sit alone. She walked up to me with a lunchbox. She sat across the table from me, setting her lunchbox next to her on a seat. She smiled at me then noticed something. I didn't have any food. She opened her lunchbox and handed me a small case, labeled "SUSHI BENTO" on the top. I refused it at first, then she gave me a worried look, so I took it. Passing teachers stopped to look at me, they've never seen me eat. I became flustered and hid my face, Nano giggled. "Come on sweetheart you gotta eat somethin." She said, her voice really soft, not a high pitch or low pitch, but it was enough to make me melt. I blushed more then nodded, opening the case. I slowly started to eat, and when I gagged she moved to next to me. She took the case and faced me. "Open wide," she said, "I'm gonna help you." I blushed even more and opened my mouth, then she started to feed me. I didn't gag anymore, she smiled. I kept eating as she kept feeding me. At the end of the lunch period She put everything away and handed me something, a slip of paper. "Take it, come see me sometime." She smiled as I looked at what the paper read. Her cell number and address, a drawing of a sakura (cherry) tree in the corner. I stuffed the paper in my pocket then hugged her tightly. She blushed slightly then hugged back. She's taller than me by a few inches, so I was basically right where her um....... nevermind. She looked at my schedule, noticing that we had all the same classes. She picked me up, bridal style, and carried me to our next class. I held onto her and curled up slightly, she held me close to her chest. I smiled at this, I haven't smiled in ages. I felt safer around her.

       As we got to our next class she sat me in a chair, proceeding to sit next to me. I laid my head against her arm and closed my eyes, everything bad seeming to just vanish. She wrapped her arm around mine and pulled me close. Luckily only the teacher was in the room so far, and she doesn't seem to mind us. The other students walked in and sat down. I looked in my bag for a pencil, when I couldn't find one, Nano handed one to me. The colors of it were amazing, red, blue, and purple. All my favorite. I smiled and accepted the gift. She kissed my cheek, almost immediately pulling away as somebody screamed at us. I looked down and hid my face. Nano pulled me into her lap and held me close. I smiled again. Maybe everything will be okay.

       The next day I went to school, covering my face as usual. I listened to music on the bus to school. As soon as i walked in, I heard screaming. Not the kind of screaming of fear, more like excitement. Nano ran up to me and picked me up, spinning me around as she held me close. I was confused, so I started to talk. "Nano what's this f-" I was interrupted. "Happy birthday Kayo!" Nano shouted. Several students gave looks at me and Nano, as if they didn't know and didnt care. I was blushing madly at this point, I told nobody about my birthday. "How.. how did you find out?" I asked, Nano almost immediately answered. "I found out by your school records, they let me look so I could help cheer you up! I didn't know you were turning 17!" It's true. Today is my birthday. April 17th. "My birthday was last week, I jist turned 17 too." Nano continued. I didn't know, I don't know anybody in this school except Nano. I smiled and hugged her, she's the only person who's done this in years. Then, I blushed even more, students staring at us.

            Nano was kissing me.