We're Ruined!

"We're ruined!" The Devil roared, smashing his fist down to hit the table. It vibrated his anger throughout, King Dice hurrying to adjust the wine glasses so they wouldn't fall. He winced as the wine almost reached the edge before sloshing back into the glass with a quiet sound. He didn't exactly reply to the Devil right away either.

     The Devil gazed upon the manager, hatred burning in his very eyes. The Dice man did his best to avoid his Boss's watchful eye, begrudgingly pouring the rest of the wine to fill his own glass. He set the mostly empty bottle down with a bang, sliding the Devil his beverage. His eyes were still directed at the table.

     The aftermath of the battle with the Cup brothers still left them both shaken. Along with injuries galore, broken spirits, and now the business was ruined too. The Devil was outraged as most could guess, and King Dice has to help deal with it. He still hasn't gotten over a few things, albeit.

     The Devil growled, scooping up his glass with a grunt and downing its contents. King Dice held his glass, but didn't drink immediately. He stared wistfully at the deep red substance, spinning it around the glass in his gloved hand. The Devil did not enjoy his silence.

    "What's got you so quiet?" He grumbled, gritting his teeth. He set his now empty glass aside and squinted at King Dice. This was unusual for him.

     "Mm...Hm?" He glanced up at the Devil, stopping the liquid from spinning. He paused for a moment before shrugging, blinking hard and slow. "Oh, it's nothin'."

     "...Nothing." The Devil stated, a hiss escaping his mouth. He sat up a bit straighter, his tail flicking around behind him. "Lying to the boss now, eh?"

     King pursed his lips, taking a sip of his drink. Maybe the alcohol would get to him soon enough. "Well, I am just your 'good-for-nothing lackey' now." He shot back, a bit of venom in his voice.

     The Devil raised a brow at him, his angry scowl fading to fit his more confused expression now. He'd heard? He tapped his claws softly on the table; something he did when he was annoyed or puzzled. "...What?"

     "Twenty years, has it been? I've been nothing but trust worthy, eh?" King Dice spat, his cheeks flushing light pink the more upset he became. "I'm just another throw away worker to you?"

     The Devil leaned back in his chair, throwing King Dice a bewildered look. He never really meant to offend him- about twenty years they'd been jokingly calling each other names. Maybe he'd taken it too far this time. "Dice-"

     "Don't try'n sweet talk me into forgiving you either!" He almost shouted, frowning disapprovingly at his boss and pointing to set his tone even more. He was clearly upset, and not a playful pout or a pretend cry. Genuine anger.

     "Dice." He stared again, his brows furrowing. "Look- I never really meant it. You know me, I'd never toss you aside."

     Dice scowled, tilting his head back and pouring the rest of the wine down his throat. He harshly put his glass back down, still frowning at him. "..."

     "What?" He asked, growling. He was particularly frustrated with the way King Dice was acting, but he wasn't lying- he would never rid himself of his right-hand man. "...I'm sorry?"

     King Dice let out a heavy sigh, his body slumping against the table. "I'm sorry, too."

     "For what?" The Devil scoffed, crossing his arms on the table. He still stared, but it wasn't as quite as hate filled as before. No matter how much he hurt.

     He shrugged, "I dunno, just letting you down and all."

    The Devil let out a heavy sigh, waving it off. "We both couldn't beat a couple of mugs- it's nothing to worry about."

    The two laughed it off, spending the rest of the night in quiet conversation. They both enjoyed it, they had to admit it was a nice change.

-----
GUESS WHO GOT INTO CUPHEAD- YUP ITS ME HAHAHA

first impressions tho rite guys-
ANYWAY-
King Dice is my favorite character and I immediately fell in love with him, along with The Devil
Heck I love most of the characters okay-

But that's not importaaaant-

I hope you all enjoy, I hope to continue either this story, or make more with KD and the Devil-

Enjoy!