Try your luck

The Devil had soon nursed himself back to health (with a little help from King Dice) and slowly, but surely, the Casino would be back in business again. A few of the normals started crawling back in, ready to start gambling their lives away once more. King Dice happily greeted them all back, like nothing had happened. Like everything was normal again. The devil was just happy King had forgiven him.

     Dice shuffled a deck of cards in his hands. Watching every number, letter, shape, and color zip into a new pattern in the deck. He smiled a bit, shuffling them again. He quietly supervised the game in front of him, looking for cheaters and goading on players with good hands. It was his job, after all.

     The Devil soon rose groggily from his lair, rarely did the customers ever see him in the Casino but they were used to seeing him casually. As he passed by the people, he heard whispers of conversation and the many games. He finally caught sight of King Dice leaning on a bar counter waiting for the game to come to and end so he could deal again. He softly traced the wood surface with a finger.

     The Devil grinned crookedly, slithering up by his side after a moment. He gently tapped his shoulder with a claw, grabbing King's attention. His eyes shifted over to the Devil before he realized fully who it was. Usually it was somebody coming to complain about a cheater or for new drinks.

     "Hey Boss," He smirked at him, "Nice seein' you up and about. What's the occasion?"

     "Oh, nothing." He murmured, his tail quivering almost happily behind him. "Just checking to see if you're doing alright."

     "Well, I'm in my natural habitat," Dice joked, chuckling and looking back at the shiny counter. He still traced shapes with his hand. "Of course I'm fine."

     "Good." He huffed, suddenly feeling the urge that he needed a cigar. Eh, he could deal. The Casino always smelled like cigar smoke, alcohol, and a bit like money; that faint coppery scent. "...Why don't we start our own game while you wait? You've got a fresh deck right there."

     No, I don't want to play with you. You always start it off with a bet or a dare." Dice sighed, glowering at him. "Last time I recall you daring me to roll dice with you, I lost and you made me drink a whole bottle of the strongest whiskey in your cabinet."

     "Did I now?" The Devil scratched his chin, revealing his pearly whites with a huge grin. "Ah, now I remember! You were a rambling mess!" He snorted, laughing.

     King Dice rolled his eyes, leaning against the counter again. A smile was already stuck on his face. "Good times- for you I suppose!"

     The Devil cackled, tapping the counter with a claw. "Well, you had your fair share of joy that night, you were very giggly. You wouldn't stop chatting."

     "Oh goodness, don't bring back the memories. I can't recall much other than the next morning, it's still a blur." He remembered having a god awful hangover, those are always fun. He shifted slightly about the countertop, about the ask the Devil something else before the table called him over for another round. "Ah, excuse me." He added, lifting himself off the bar and politely striding over to the group.

     The Devil let him go, letting out a quiet breath. If he had to be honest, the more Dice mentioned the more he remembered that night. It was quite pleasant. King, still very excitable and tipsy, had said he loved him. Of course, he'd brushed it off as a drunken ramble or a misinterpretation. Nobody loves the Devil, and he isn't suppose to love anybody back. Fair enough, right? Oh well.

------
WOO ANOTHER CHAPTER-

I'd just like to thank all the people who've read it so far, left nice comments and all! It means a lot to me!

Enjoy!