Working Early

King Dice's eyes lost their shiny luster when he was alone with the Devil in a room, most of the time it only became a harsh scolding for losing funds or whatnot. The Devil, naturally, was the most intimidating guy he knew. I mean, sure King had a scowl that made children shy away but- the Devil was overall a fairly shady guy.

     This morning had been quite different, of course.

     King Dice was always afraid to admit to the Devil quite a few things, but something slipped and it was his sappy fault. His heart had never been too big, but...

     "...Y-you like me back?" Dice whispered, despite the building being empty of guests and other workers. He felt shaky, like he was going to collapse right then and there right in front of his boss.

     The Devil's eyes almost seemed soft at that moment, a chuckle rising from his throat. A claw softly pulled at the collar of King Dice's suit, snagging the fabric without actually ripping it. Despite his otherwise calm actions and emotion on the outside, the Devil wasn't exactly settling on the inside either.

     King Dice was a bit too stunned to talk at the moment as he swallowed to keep his focus up at his Boss, but he frankly was feeling conflicted on the inside as well. How is this going to go down?

     The Devil began to notice Dice's uneasiness along with his own, an annoyed growl escaping through his teeth. He quietly backed away, Dice still pressed himself against the wall. They both took a breath, the Devil directing his attention to a clock mounted on the wall; almost opening hours. He looked back at Dice, his original sly attitude returning to him.

     "Get the work."

     "Y-yessir." Dice replied, nodding quickly and resisting the urge to sprint to his station. The Devil glared after him, a frown forming on his face and a sigh following once Dice was out of ear-shot.

     "I've probably scared him, hm?" He murmured to himself, cursing his eagerness.

     Well, there was always tonight.
---
I TOLD YOU I'D DO IT HAHAHA

fiNALLY I GOT OFF MY ASS XD
Anyways- conFLICT YEAAAA

I hope you enjoy this chapter as well! Happy holidays ^^