HERO?!

I go to my college after the weekend at Daniel's place. I can't stop thinking about what he would've thought of me sleeping next to him. I go to my department as one of my professors called me. I see a group of my theatre club friends. I see Daniel among them too. I'm flustered at seeing Daniel there. My best friend Eunmi comes running to me and says "Hey we're putting up a play for our department fest"

We have a theatre club at our college, where we plan plays and perform them on special occasions.

"You are playing the female lead role!"exclaimed Eunmi.

"Wait, What?! When was this decided? And what play are we going to perform?" I asked in surprise.

"Romeo and Juliet" said Eunmi with a smirk.

"WHAT??! Who's the male lead?" I shouted.

Eunmi pointed to somebody and that somebody was someone I last expected it to be.

"Your favorite sunbae, Kang-Da-Ni-El" she whispered into my ear. I felt my heart racing. We've been in the same play various times, but this was our first time playing the leads, and that too for a romantic play like Romeo and Juliet.

Daniel walked up to me and said "Looking forward to working with you!" and gave out his hand. 

We shook hands and I said "The pleasure is mine." He walked away and I dragged Eunmi to the cafeteria.

"WHEN THE HELL WAS THIS DECIDED?" I asked her.

"Just last week. We thought that you guys have good talent and it's time for you guys to play a lead role. We discussed with the professors and they agreed too" said Eunmi.

I sighed. "I'm too nervous Eunmi, you know why!" I said.

"Of course I know" said Eunmi with a smirk on her face.

That's when I remembered I didn't return Daniel's T-shirt that I was carrying around with me. I told Eunmi about the whole incident.

"HOLY JISOOS! YOU SLEPT OVER AT DANIEL'S?" she exclaimed.

"Stop shouting" I said, closing her mouth with my hands.

"I see something blossoming" she said.

"I don't think so. Let me go apologize and return his T-shirt" I said.

I wandered around the campus looking for Daniel. I finally saw him sitting on a bench. I approached him and gave the bag to him.

"Oh, Yerin, what is this?" he asked.

"The..T-shirt you gave me last weekend" I said.

"Oh, that!" he said.

"And..I'm sorry" I said.

"Sorry? For what?"

"I accidentally slept beside you that day..."

"Oh, that! It's fine, I don't mind"

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I said, I don't mind." he said.

"Besides we've got something important on our hands, don't we?" he said

"Yeah" I said. And then we started discussing about our play.

A few weeks later, we are practicing for our play and it's finally the kissing scene. I hesitantly go near Daniel, he pulls me in for the kiss. The kiss is long, deep, and lovely. I feel my head going blank. This is my first kiss, no, now that I think about it, it's my second. The first one was the Pocky kiss. We finish kissing and look at each other's eyes. Everybody cheers "Woohoo! That was perfect! It felt like watching an actual couple! You guys should become a couple!"

"W..What are you guys talking about?" I ask, flustered.

"We're just telling the truth, right guys?" said Eunmi.

"YESSS!!" everybody shouted.

"What do you think Daniel?" asked Mark, Daniel's best friend.

"You!" said Daniel.

"Sunbae, stop with your jokes~ How will Daniel sunbae like me? I'll get going now that the practice is over. BYEE" I said and rushed out of the room.

"Yerin ah! Because of you guys! Hey, let's go together" said Daniel.

"OOOOOHHHH" said everyone.

I sigh. "Ah, Eunmi.. Even though she knows..."

"What?" asked Daniel.

"Ugh! NOTHING." I said, flustered.

"Do you hate being paired up with me? Why did you leave like that?" he asked.

"What are you saying? I thought you'd not feel nice about being paired up like that" I said.

"WHY DO YOU THINK THAT I DON'T LIKE YOU?" asked Daniel, angrily.

"No..that's not what I meant.."

"THEN WHAT?" he shouted.

I felt the tears in my eyes well up.

"S.SORRY! I didn't mean to make you cry! Stop crying!" he says, wiping my tears off.

"It's just that.." I say, sobbing.

"It's fine, it's fine! Let me take you home" he said.

"Okay..." I said.