He Knew What I Was Wearing...

This happened in high school.

Relevant background: I was a sophomore and had a pretty sweet babysitting gig at a house two doors down. Three awesome little girls who, thankfully, never gave me any trouble. Their parents were great too, some of the nicest people I've ever met. And lastly, they had an old Akita dog who was the sweetest thing on the planet.

I had met a guy who was a senior in a club I was part of, and at first he was cool. We'd talk about the nerdy things we both liked and he'd let me read some of his writings (he fancied himself a poet or something). I had a boyfriend (who is now my DH) so all I was ever interested in was friendship with this guy. He didn't have the same ideas, and he certainly didn't like my BF (think jock vs nerd trope, I lived a freaking teen movie. Except I ended up with the jock). I was nice about it, accepted he didn't like my BF, but made it clear that him and I were friends.

I guess not clear enough.

One Saturday night I was babysitting the little girls while their parents were at some fancy gala (the husband was a well known doctor in our area). I had done the whole bedtime routine and settled down with the dog on the couch for a movie marathon. I was texting with some friends on my fancy flip phone. One of them was the guy.

He texted me that he bet me he could guess what I was wearing. I didn't like this game, assuming it might end up somewhere inappropriate, so I just ignored him. A few minutes later, he texted me again, this time with the exact outfit I had on down to my mismatched fuzzy socks.

I froze. There was no way he could know this. I had been home all day other than when I came to babysit. He hadn't seen me.

The Akita dog's head perked up, and he started to growl in the direction of the back door. I swear I saw a shadow running away when I went to turn the porch light on. Doggo stuck by my side the rest of the night, even when I called my brother to come sit with me and the parents came back. They thought nothing of my brother being there, and since this was my problem to deal with I didn't tell them about my potential stalker.

At school he acted like nothing happened. I told him this was wrong and I couldn't be friends with him if he was going to play these games. A few weeks later, he left school and I haven't seen him since.

He tried to friend me on Facebook recently. But I'm content with us not meeting again, even over social media.