The Party

It was an hour before the party and I was wearing a short white lace dress with a black belt and black wedges. I did my makeup to look subtle and sophisticated. I walked downstairs and saw James in a white button up shirt and jeans. Mom was wearing a red shirt and black jeans. I smiled at them and my mom hugged me. "It is so nice to have you back." She said. "It's nice to be back." I smile. "Are you two ready to go?" James laughed. "Yes." We said together and walked out the door hand in hand.

I sat in the back, James sat in the front and mom drove. When we got there we were right on time. The first face I saw was Jessica's pale skinny face. "I'm so glad you could come." She smiled. "We are glad to be here." My mom said. We walked into the mansion and I saw Jordan talking to his soccer friends. "Alice, come here." Jordan said when he saw me. I, despite everything that was telling me not to, went over to him and his friends. "Hi." I said. "Yo, Jordan, your friend is sexy as fuck." One of the players said. "If you wish to keep your life, you will not say anything about the way I look." I growled. "Damn. She's a feisty one." Another one said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Jordan. "Why did you call me over here?" I growl. "I wanted you to meet my friends but never mind. They seem to be drunk." He laughed. "Well this is a suckish 'party' so far." I said frowning. "What you mean? The party is just beginning." One of his friends smiled and I saw his eyes go down my body and then back up. "Fuck off, ass hole." I snarled. "Make me." He said. "Gladly." I said, throwing a punch. I started pummeling him and felt someone grab me from behind and pull me away from him. "Alice, stop, calm down." I heard Jordan's soothing voice. I began to calm down and finally relaxed.

"I'm so sorry. Do you want me to kick them out?" Jordan asked as he let go of me. "Yeah i guess." I said examining my knuckles. They weren't bloody but they were bruised. "Hey, guys, sorry but you all are just causing trouble. Please leave." He smiled at them. "Come on man." The one I pummeled said. "I mean it Collin." He said, with a sharp tone. "Fine but karma will come back to bite you in the ass." Collin said, walking out with his drunk friends. "Hey, thanks for doing that." I smiled at Jordan. "I think it was time he get his ass beat, especially by a girl." He laughed.

I laugh with him and smile. I forgot that he could be so charming. We walked into the party room and talked. I got a soda from the kitchen and he grabbed a glass of red wine. We sat down on a soft plush couch and continued to talk. "So are you enjoying Julliard?" He asks. "Yes, I am. What about you? You enjoying Notre Dame?" I smile. "I am, actually." He laughs a little. "You've changed so much." He says. "You have too. I mean, you actually like school now. Not to mention, you aren't the same guy I broke up with all those years ago." I say, sipping my soda.

"You aren't the same girl either." He smiles. I blush and glance at my hands. His hand inches closer to mine and my heart stops. He holds my hand and looks at me. "I was wondering, do you want to try us again?" He asks. "Sure." I smile. "Well I guess we should tell our parents." He smiles and we get up to go find our parents.