The Will To Live

Alice's P.O.V:

I slept soundly in Jason's arms and smiled in my sleep. "Good morning Ali." He smiled and kissed my head. "Good morning." I smiled and looked up at him. "Are we dead? Or dreaming?" He asked. "I don't know." I admitted. He sighed and I moved out of his arms. As soon as I moved away his arms became burned and scarred. I gasped as his entire body became burned. "Alice? What's wrong?" He asked me, as if nothing was wrong. I screamed.

I screamed but there was no sound. My eyes opened but burned. Where was I? Where was Jason? Why did I hurt so bad? I sat up slowly, regretting every moment of it and saw Jason laying in the bed next to mine. His arms were charred, torso burned, face and neck smudged with ashes. I started panicking. The heart monitor's beeping sped up and a nurse came in telling me to lay down, relax, and then shot me up with morphine. 

I laid back and looked at her and then at Jason. "Ms. Frost, everything will be fine. Calm down, please." She said in a soothing tone. I nodded and tried to calm down. From what I could tell, Jason was burned far worse than I had been. My arms had been burned but not that bad. I looked at the nurse and she handed me a glass of water then told me to drink. I did as told. The water felt nice on my sore throat. I opened my mouth, wanting to ask her something. "Ma'am? Will he be okay?" I asked, my voice barely getting out.

"He will be fine, just a few severe burns, otherwise he will be fine." She smiled at me and looked at Jason. "That was a brave thing you did." She said. "Thank you, I love him. I wanted to save him." I said and stared at Jason. "It was very brave, and I can tell you love him." She said and looked at me.

(Time Skip)

I sat in my bed with my mother, Jasmine, and Ashlynn Jones. They were all talking to me at the same time. But I was watching Jason's heart monitor. The beeps were getting longer. I started to panic. His heart monitor slowed down and stopped at a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  I screamed and cried.

Jasmine and Ashlynn held me down and my mother called for the nurse and doctor. The nurse came running in and pressed the button that gave me morphine a few times. I instantly calmed down once the morphine was in my system. I pulled my knees to my chest and cried. I cried out Jason's name and threw my face into my pillow. I heard my mother's gentle shushing and I fell asleep.

I woke up and saw Jason still laying beside me. I went to him and kissed him lightly. A tear fell on his cheek and I went back to my bed.

Jason's P.O.V: 

I felt light as air and remembered everything I loved.

I held Alice close and watched her as she read. She looked up at me and smiled. "Will we be happy like the people in the book?" She'd  asked. "Maybe." I'd said. 

Alice was beating me at Dance Dance Revolution and was laughing as she did. I clumsily stepped on each arrow at the wrong time and when the song was over I tackled her, tickling her till she couldn't breathe.

I kissed her under the willow tree. She'd been crying and I comforted her. "Why do you have to leave?" She asked me. "I have no choice." I said, pained because she was hurting. "You do have a choice. Choose not to leave and stay with me, please Jason. I need you." She said and cried into my shoulder. I didn't want to lose her or see her hurt, I smiled and kissed her head. "I won't leave, I promise." I said. She looked up at me and smiled, tears still falling. I kissed her and everything vanished.

Authors Note: CLIFF-FUCKING-HANGER. LOVE YA'LL!!!! I am so evil. Mwhahahahahah!!!