Jason Rose

Jason's P.O.V.

I walked home and saw my dad's truck in the driveway. Oh no, I thought. I walked inside the house and put my bag on the kitchen table. "Jason? Is that you?" I heard my father's drunken voice from the living room. "Yeah Dad, it's me." I said and walked into the living room. "Where the fuck have you been?" He asked, frowning. I looked at the bottle of liquor in his hand and sighed.

"I was at school." I said, voice wavering. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He growled getting up from the couch. "I-I d-didn't." I stuttered. He walked up to me and I tried to seem confident. "Don't get smart with me. I am so fucking tired of your bull shit. Ever since your mom died, you have been a bitch." He got up in my face and pushed me up against the wall. "I am not putting up with your bull shit any more." He said and punched me in my gut.

He backed up and I gasped. "Start shit with me again and I promise you will not live through it." He said and hit me with the liquor bottle. I doubled over in pain and he kneed me in the stomach. I crumpled to the ground and the last thing I saw was his foot coming towards my face.

Alice's P.O.V.

I walked over to Jason's house and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" I heard Mr. Rose yell through the door.  "It's Alice, Mr. Rose. I came to see Jason." I said. The door opened and he gestured for me to come in. "Did you have a nice day at school?" He asked. "It was fine, Jessica really got on my nerves though." I smiled and walked through the living room, noticing a puddle of not quite dry blood. I quickly rushed upstairs and knocked on Jason's door. "Go away!" I heard him yell. 

"Jason it's Alice." I said. I heard the door unlock and I went in, shutting the door behind me. "Lock it." He said. So I did. "Jason, why was there a puddle of blood on the floor?" I asked. He faced me and I saw his face bruised, his nose looked as though it had been broken, and he was holding onto his right side. "Jason what happened?" I demanded. "Nothing, just go please..." He said looking out his window. He asked me to, so I did.

I went next door to my house and slammed the door shut behind me. My phone pinged. The I.D. read, Jasmine

Hey, you started reading "The Scarlet Letter" yet?

I replied back saying that I hadn't. She just replied "oh". I smiled and cut off my phone. I went upstairs, to my bedroom, and looked out my window that was directly across from Jason's bedroom window. His curtains were open and I texted him,"Look out your window." He texted back,"No." I growled and sat in my rolling chair. He appeared in the window shirtless and his rib cage was bruised, back bruised, and his nose was bleeding. 

I gasped and my eyes widened. "What the hell happened?" I thought aloud. "I will find out tomorrow, I swear it." I growled and changed into my pajamas. I laid in bed and tried to sleep but Jason's bruised torso was stuck in my mind. I sighed and eventually fell asleep.