Find him!

Alex's pov
I wake up with heat surrounding me and know Colby is beside me. I don't like being so close to him but at the same time it brings me comfort. I don't think about it too hard and get up. I was curious as to what pissed Colby off so bad yesterday when he came storming towards me in the hallway. I mean he couldn't read my mind he hasn't marked me. So he couldn't of been mad at what I was thinking I would have to ask him. When I move around I look up and realize Colby is already awake deciding to voice my thoughts I ask him, "what made you so angry in the hall yesterday?" He let's put a slight growl and says," Drake can read your mind because you guys are siblings and you don't know how to block him out. You can mind link him as well but it's a little hard since I haven't marked you yet. Once I mark you you will be in the pack and can mind link everyone. But only me and drake could ever read your mind. Unless of course you block us out." My eyes go wide at the revaluation Drake can read my mind. "How do  I block him out." He looked hesitant to give me this information but does it anyway. "Just imagine a wall around your thoughts." I do and half way smile. My thoughts are safe again.

We stayed in bed for a while but decided to get up. We go down stairs and Drake is in the kitchen. I'm less scared of him but he still makes me uneasy. Colby gets to work making breakfast and I sit as far away from Drake as possible. He sighs slightly and asks "So where is our mom? Is she still with her boyfriend?"He says with disgust. I laugh humorlessly and say " nope they died but not before beating the shit out of me for years." Him and Colby go still since they both only knew about the kidnapping. Drake waves me on and I simply continue I figure they will find out sooner or later.

" So apparently after my mom got me back after you and your dad had me for 5 years I lived with her and I guess my dad. They beat me everyday starved me and hated me. She hated me because I guess I made your dad leave her and he hated me because he was always high and blamed me for him being stuck with my mom. So they beat the shit out of me for over ten years. I was almost dead but then they died in a car crash. I was put in foster care and hated it so I ran away and started street fighting I was pretty good. Then one night on the way home I was pulled in the car by your dad. He took me to the cabin and left me for what felt like forever without food or water. He came back him and two of his buddies and beat me everyday and starved me. After I'm not sure how long he took me to his room. He always called me mate or Maria our moms name. He told me I was his new mate and he was going to claim me. He yanked my pants off and something snapped in me and I attacked him. I killed him took his gun and killed the other two. I got as far away as possible and started fighting again. Got enough money got an apartment and went back to school. So that's my story."

I said all of this with a blank expression but on the inside I was a mess. I had been staring at the table during my little speech but when I looked up they both had black eyes and were shaking. "Alex can you describe the two men who are with my father?" Drake said with his teeth clenched. I started with the one I was least afraid with. Then I described the one that was worse then Drakes dad. Drake looked even more pissed and said " the second one wasn't there in the cabin his name is Grant." I suck in a breath and start shaking horribly. My mind slips back to when I was in the Cabin and remember when Grant and I were alone for a day. He was the one that carved misfit in my back and every time it stopped bleeding he would take the knife and reopen it. He always wanted to take it farther than the others.

When I started sobbing I was picked up and knew it was Colby. I sob into his chest and whisper "please don't let him get me." He tightens his hold and says through clenched teeth "he will never lay a finger on you." It took over an hour for me to calm down and even when I did Colby would let me out of his lap. He kept me there while we ate then while we watched a movie. Drake kept looking at me with such sorrow I actually felt like I might be able to trust him.

I really had to go to the bathroom so I tried getting up but Colby wouldn't let me. "I have to go to the bathroom." He looks reluctant but let's me go. I go into the bathroom and do my business. When I was washing my hands I hear glass break and am hit with a brick with a piece of paper tied to it. I cry out when it connects with my shoulder. Immediately Colby and Drake break down the door. Colby picks me up and Drake jumps out the window. Colby spaces or for a minute and Drake walks back in and so does another guy . The guy smells the brick and walks out. I must have a confused look on my face because Colby says "he's a tracker he is going to try and sniff out the person who threw this. Drake picks it up and reads it. His eyes go black and so do Colby's when he reads it. He stuffs his face in the crook of my neck and takes the brick. Colby, Drake, and I all go into his office Colby still holding me. I look at my arm and see a huge bruise. Drake gives me an ice pack and they start talking. I'm so tired I fall asleep in Colby's lap with my arms wrapped tightly around him scared that if I let go grant will get me.