Chapter 16

My anger never subsided when I woke up. I hated him even more when I awoke.

The gargoyles were up and about again when I walked out. They froze for a moment until they saw me. Gerald went to pounce on me but Denise held him back feeling the ominous air. I didn't greet them. I stopped to lean against the railing and against Harry. I needed something that wouldn't move or speak.

Everyone gathered around slowly and waited for me to speak. "I think I know what happened...but it could be just a dream," I whispered mostly to myself, to calm down my anger. It didn't work.

They didn't ask anything more. It was as if they could read my mind. They huddled close to me and felt surprisingly warm and it comforted me. This is what a family should feel like. I closed my eyes and never felt myself dozing off.

A hand came on my back and I woke and turned. The gargoyles were stiff, I think with fear, at Matthew having come and they never returned to their original spots, though the way they were positioned haphazardly on the rail told me they tried. "Come," he led me to the balcony of the music room. It was completely dark, night had settled on the earth without me noticing.

"I really didn't know," Matthew explained.

"I know," I whispered. "Nobody did."

Matthew wrapped his arms around me. "I had my suspicions of the boy's origins and finally allowed someone to look into it. If I had known where Giovanni had gotten the child I would have never allowed him to turn the boy."

My whole body started shaking making him hold me even tighter. "How do you know if you have visions?" I finally asked.

He frowned. "I don't know. It's an incredibly rare gift...what kinds of visions?"

"Of the past. It could be nothing but I want to know anyway." Matthew never answered so I continued, "I've been having dreams about Ky's kidnapping. I wanted to know if it was a vision or if it was from me being so obsessed with it."

He thought for a long while. "I don't know. I might know someone who has visions often, though. I will ask him."

We sat on the balcony, had our breakfast on the balcony, and watched the desert and stars for hours. Jillian poked her head through the door, "Master Matthew, an Eden Yong is here to see you."

Both of us looked at each other and I ran to the front door (while Matthew walked) where Draco and his father stood side-by-side. Eden held the dress, which looked brand new now. The two looked almost exactly alike. Both had dark skin like the sun had tanned them, and both had bright orange eyes.

"Good evening, Eden."

"I came to return the dress," Eden handed the dress to Matthew instead of me.

"Thank you," Matthew handed the dress to Jillian who disappeared up the stairs with it.

Draco stared at me with wide eyes. "What?" I finally asked him.

"Your face..." Draco's father elbowed him harshly.

My hand flew up to the rough patch of skin. "Oh...yeah...I forgot about that..." I looked at both him and Eden. I remembered the vision. I wanted to ask him about that night but when I opened my mouth to ask something else came out instead, "I didn't even hear a car. How did you guys get here?"

Eden and Draco looked at each other than back at me. "You know nothing about dragons, do you?" Draco said in a snarky tone.

"This would be the perfect opportunity to teach her something, Matthew."