Chapter 15

The gargoyles were shocked when I told them the story of my brother and Kyle Giovanni, and my suspicions about how the eternity of having no answers may have ended. It was just before sunrise and nobody was awake except for me and the gargoyles. They couldn't help but ask about the party when I came home hours before with a different dress on. I stayed awake because I needed someone to talk to and Jillian didn't seem like person to talk to about all of this.

"Did you tell him who you were?" Tisha broke the rule and moved to be beside Denise, much to his annoyance.

"No! Are you kidding me? I could barely stand after seeing who he was!"

"Does he even remember his life as a human? It's been so many years and many forget who they were." Gerald mused.

"I don't know. I was afraid to ask him anything." I sighed and leaned against Gerald who was surprisingly steady. "I still wonder what happened that day..."

Denise pat my shoulder. "It's almost sunrise, my dear, go get some rest. Tisha, go back to your post."

"There's still so much I want to tell you guys, though."

"You can tell us in the evening. We aren't going anywhere," Tisha glided to her perch next to Harry. It was the first time I saw them fly. I straightened and pat Gerald's head before going to bed.

-----

The dream I had was like the one I had a week before but it picked up at a strange spot. I was watching Ky, as a little boy get into Damien's limo. It seemed like such a sick joke. What cruel god would allow me to have a power like this? To rewind my brother's kidnapping and make me watch.

On the inside of the limo I sat next to Ky, who seemed to snap out of his trance and realize he wasn't home, and he started to cry. I wanted to comfort him, to tell him it was alright but I couldn't move. Damien sat across from Ky.

Next to Damien was a man I didn't recognize but I immediately knew his voice. "Can't you shut that boy up?" It was Draco's father, a lot younger than when I met him but his voice never changed.

Damien leaned forward. "No, I didn't exactly plan to kidnap the boy, Eden!"

"I wanna go home!" He yelled at Damien bravely. "I want my sister!"

A child I didn't even realize was sitting next to me, a little away from Ky, spoke up, "What was her name?" He looked to be about Ky's age.

At seeing someone his age Ky finally calmed a little. "Naomi," he sniffed.

"And what's your name?"

"K-Ky, what's your name?"

"Draco," the boy had bright orange eyes and brown hair.

"That sounds a little bit like dragon." Ky laughed to himself.

The young Draco puffed up his cheeks. "It's not funny! It's powerful. It's a king's name!"

Ky laughed harder. "You can't be a king. You're too young. Kings are old!"

"It's amazing how quickly that boy calmed down," Eden noted. "What about the rest of the family?"

"I think taking the babe of the group will split them up evenly. They shouldn't be a problem if we give it time."

"Then, what do we do with the boy?"

"I've been needing a son. I'll get permission from the court and turn him. It shouldn't be hard since they've been pushing me to find an heir. Of course, I think keeping this important detail from Matthew should help persuade them."

I wanted to stab him, kill him, his plan worked too well and I hated him. I hated him more than I should have hated anyone.