Chapter 8 - How Much Do You Hate Me

TRAVIS POV

Micah pulled up at an uptown Condo and we headed inside. She was humming from the time she got out the car until she opened her front door. I sat on the coach as she walked into the kitchen. 

"Want a drink?"

"What kind?"

"Alcohol" she laughed "I'll mix something up"

"Why not"

She laughed as I heard her opening and closing cabinets and her refrigerator. She came back with two tall glasses of what looked like red wine.

"What is this?" I laughed as she handed it to me

"Just drink it boy" she sat on the floor "I swear you boujee boys are so worped"

"Boujee? How am I boujee?"

"It's just a rich kid thing" she shrugged "I may not have grown up with a silver spoon in my mouth or with money, but after twenty-three years and several experiences I've learn men are much boujeer than women"

"I'm not a spoiled little rich kid you know. As a matter of fact you are a baby compared to me"

"Oh please! How old are you?"

"Twenty-seven" 

"Four years? Really?"

"Girl I'm a grown ass man"

"Ooooh grown ass man" she waved her hands 

There was a silent pause before we both broke out into laughter. 

"So new friend Micah-----"

"Yes new friend Travis"

"Tell me about you"

"Not much to tell"

"Are you from here?"

"No. I was born in San Diego"

"How'd you end up on this side of the world"

"Long story"

"We got time"

She paused and studied the glass she was holding before taking a deep breath. 

"My mom was killed... " she looked at me "More specifically, my father killed my mother"

"I'm so sorry! Micah you don't---"

"No" she sighed "Most of my friends know the story so i'm not too broken to tell it to you"

"If you want to you can"

"Ralph isn't my real brother. Our mom's were best friends from birth. When my mom was killed, she took me from San Diego to their home of Hawaii. Ralph's dad was an asshole though so long story short I ended up in foster care. Umm the first foster family I had was cool, but they moved to Texas. So that's when Mommy packed up her and Ralph and moved back to the main state. Everywhere I moved they moved. My last family was when I was sixteen..... let's just saw a lot of bad stuff happen then. But some good happen too. I let them make money off me and moved in with Mommy and Ralph. I had run away to live with them so much the state just gave up"

"Wow, that's a lot for a kid to go through"

"Well in the words of my ex, it built a hell of a lot of character"

"So was your last family here"

"No"

"No?"

"Ralph and I moved here when I decided to go to college. Mommy lives in this rinkie dink down in Tennessee"