Chapter 26: Grief I

TRAVIS

I was in my office working when Reagan walked through the door. I hadn't talk to her since I broke up with Micah. She hit me up a few times but I had been avoiding her. I stopped working and looked at her sit across from me.

"Reagan----"

"Oh shit you can see me?"

"Rae!"

"I mean you have been ignoring me for a week and a half now"

"I don't fee like talking about it"

"We somebody's going to tell me something. You being distant. Micah's gone---"

"Gone?"

"She left after the opening and said she was working. Ralph figured out it was a lie but she said she wasn't coming back any time soon and was going to figure some shit out"

"Typical" I rolled my eyes at her dramatic

"What happen Travis? Why did you go missing and why did you ignore her? AND why don't you seem to care that she's gone?"

I sighed "Micah and I broke up"

"WHAT?"

"Keep it down!" I stood up "But yes... we broke up"

"Why?"

"Ask you friend"

"I'm asking my brother!"

I grabbed the envelop from my bottom drawer and tossed it to her. She looked through the pictures and looked shocked.

"This can't be right"

"Well it is. She was fucking dude all while she was gone"

"Travis no that's not what happen"

"How do you know? Where you there?"

"No but----"

"But what?"

"Chris did hit on her" she sighed "But she turned him down! Dave makes jokes about it all the time. She did not sleep with Chris or anyone for that matter"

"You really believe some nigga you don't know? For all I know she fucking both of them! I don't know him!"

"But you know her! You know she loves you!"

"Fuck that! I should've just listen to my mom!"

She looked shocked and stood up "Wow"

"I didn't----"

"No! I know exactly what you meant! You're mom is right, right? Micah just some round the way hoe from the ghetto... just like me? And my mom right?"

"Reagan it's not about you"

"But that's what you've been thinking about her! About where she comes from!"

"Look why you defending her! She cheated on me! I'm your fucking brother!"

"And you're wrong Travis!"

"Reagan I'm not doing this with you! It is over between Micah and I! I'm done with her and anything related to her! If you can't deal with that, bounce!"

She shook her head at me.

"All I ever wanted was for you to be happy Travis.... but you are truly your mother's son. Have fun being miserable"

MICAH

I walked on set and showed the girls the steps. Once they got it, I headed back to my seat by Payton. I lied about working but eventually Payton called me to come work on a shoots in California. It was helping keep my mind off of Travis. I've been avoiding conversations with virtually everyone.