Chapter 36: Girls Need Love

MICAH

I waddled from my bed room to the living room and sat down with my bowl of fruit. Travis walked from my room changed into his sweats from work. It's been a couple weeks since everything was brought out. Travis hasn't left my house and just worked his last day. I shook my head at him as he sat down beside me.

"What?"

"I can't believe you not going to work"

"Hey if I have to set maternity leave then I can set paternity leave too" he smirked "Plus since you hit full term this week, I want to be here just in case you go into labor"

"So basically you're going to annoy the yell out of me until the babies comes"

"Precisely"

"Can you not?"

"Chill" he laughed "Can't you just spend time with me and not complain"

"I"m not complaining but you always rubbing on my belly and I can't take the kicking"

"That's not my fault they just ready to come out and meet Daddy"

"You legit ready to do this" I smiled

"Of course" he my feet to his lap and rubbed them "The love of my life is giving birth to the blessing that are my beautiful daughters"

I rolled my eyes at him "Stop Trav"

"What?"

"Put my feet down"

"Aye chill" he sighed "We gotta y'all about it eventually"

"We've had this talk multiple times for the last few weeks you been back around. We not happening again. We've been good and I can really see us becoming best friends again... but I can't do a relationship with you anymore"

"You still haven't said why"

"Because I choose not—"

"You full of shit! I know you're afraid Micah"

"It's not—"

"It is! I'm not about to tell you to let it go and leave it in the past... but relationship are hard. They get fucked from time to time... it's a choice to continue and work to make it better. I want to be with you and be a family"

"You have another family to deal with"

"Don't do that!"

"It's true!"

"But you know why that even exist!"

"You know what? Answer me this: if I wasn't pregnant, would you even be here right now? Or would you be living your life still engaged to Khari"

He didn't speak but he never looked away from my eyes. Before either of us could say anything else, Reagan open the front door with her key. She was followed Ralph and Keith.

I moved so I was no longer in Travis grasp. Reagan helped me up but as soon as I hugged her, I felt the water gush down my legs.

"Oh my God" I whispered

"Fuck! Okay!" Keith steppes in front of me "You're okay sis we going to get you to the hospital and call Lizzie to meet us there. Travis help me get her downstairs to the car. Reagan pack up some clothes for Travis. Ralph get Micah's bags! Move"

Travis was in a trance just staring at the floor. I turned and grabbed his face. Our eyes met and I smiled at him. He smiled getting up and began to walk me outside with Keith on the other side. We made it downstairs before I started feeling the contractions. When they hit though... I thought I was dying.