December 2nd

"Piper?" Harry wasn't 100% sure it was her, but he recognized the same reindeer and Christmas tree scarf from yesterday. How many of those could there possibly be roaming around London?

"Harry? Fancy seeing you here." Piper said walking over to him. She couldn't help but notice how good he looked in his long overcoat and soft looking scarf. She found it funny that he topped everything off with a Green Bay Packers beanie.

"I do live in London." He smiled at her. His smile widened upon hearing her laughter. He likes her laughter.

"I meant here, as in this spot. London is a big city you know." She said tilting her head.

"So, I've heard." He said. "What are you doing here?" He asked looking around. He spied a Christmas tree lot just ahead and he had a feeling that's where she was headed.

"Murphy's Tree Lot over there." Piper said thumbing behind her. Harry nodded to show he recognized the spot.

"Getting a tree, I see." He said.

"Yeah, I spied the lot when I got here and I figured since I had a bit of free time I'd take a look to see if they have anything that would fit the apartment I'm staying in." Piper explained.

"Ah, well I won't keep you any longer." Harry said. Piper tilted her head at him and gave him a bright smile.

"Would you like to join me? If you're not busy that is." She offered. While she didn't know him, he gave off a vibe that seemed like he needed some company.

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly impose." Harry said quickly shaking his head and holding his hands up.

"You're not imposing, I invited you." Piper said. "Please? It's much more fun when you're looking with someone else." She said with a pout. Harry tried to fight the smile forming, but he already knew he was losing.

"Alright you talked me into it." He said. Piper gave an excited clap which caused him to laugh. Together they made their way towards Murphy's.

"So, what kind of tree are you looking for?" Harry asked. They entered the lot and he looked at all the available trees. Some definitely looked better than others.

"Harry, buying a Christmas tree is a lot like buying a house or a car, you can plan all you want but you won't know the right one until you actually see it." Piper said. As they were walking down the aisles she began looking at each tree quickly assessing it to see if it warranted further inspection.

"Wow, you take tree buying seriously." Harry commented watching her.

"As one should." She said smiling. Harry merely watched as she gave a few trees a closer look before moving on.

"Can I help you folks find anything?" A worker asking walking up to them. Harry was about to politely decline when Piper spoke up.

"Yes please. I'm looking for a tree that would go in an apartment. Say about 7 feet tall and decently fluffed." She gesticulated to show was she was envisioning.

"Ah, I know just what you mean. Follow me please." The man said motioning behind them. "Its good you folks are coming in early. We're usually sold out within 2 weeks. Well, sold out of anything good." He clarified after a moment.

"I can see why. Your trees look incredible." Piper gushed. Harry kept his hands in his pockets as he followed the duo. He let them talk about the different types of trees and how a bad tree can really change the holiday atmosphere and the way a room looks. He'd mostly tuned them out because he really didn't care. A tree was a tree.

"Don't you agree Harry?" Piper asked. Harry snapped his head in her direction to find them both looking at him.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked. Piper just giggled and shook her head before giving her attention to the attendant.

"Here we are, our 7 footers. There are a few on the barer side, but most are full and fluffy." The man said. Harry smiled to himself as he watched a large grin form on Piper's face.

"These are beautiful. Thank you so much..." She trailed off realizing she didn't know his name.

"Kenny." He said.

"Thank you, Kenny." Piper said.

"You're welcome. Let me know if you need anything else. Merry Christmas you two." Kenny smiled.

"Merry Christmas Kenny." With one last smile, he was off helping other customers.

"So, where to begin." Piper said. Harry shrugged as he looked at all the trees. They all looked the same to him.

"How about at the end. We can make our way down the rows." He suggested. He didn't want to appear unhelpful after she'd invited him along.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea." She grinned.

"What kind of tree do you have at your house?" Piper asked after a couple minutes of inspecting the trees. None of them were quite right in her eyes and Harry was just looking at them knowing Piper would have to make the final decision.

"I don't have one." He shook his head.

"You should get one soon. Don't want all the good ones to be gone by the time you go looking. Oh wait, are you a fake tree kind of person?" She questioned popping her head from behind the tree she was inspecting.

"No, I'm not a fake tree person." He laughed. He didn't want to think too much about the cute little scrunch to her face. "Not a tree person at all. Or a decoration person really." He shook his head. He heard Piper let out a gasp before moving around the tree before him.

"What? You mean to tell me that you don't have any decorations up? I know its early but are you at least planning to put any up?" She asked wide-eyed.

"Uh, not really." He said. He wasn't surprised when a shocked look came over Piper's face. The Christmas spirit just radiated from her.

"Now that's blasphemy." She said. "Wait...are you a Grinch?" She asked squinting a bit. There she went with the scrunched-up face again. Harry fought hard to bite back his smile.

"What? No!" He said.

"You don't care about Christmas trees and you don't hang ornaments. Plus, you were in a bad mood yesterday." She listed off.

"I was late for a lunch meeting and everyone was crowding around and blocking the sidewalk." He defended himself.

"You're a Grinch." She reiterated.

"Does that make you Cindy Lou Who?" Harry grinned. Piper laughed and shook her head.

"Remember, Cindy Lou Who got the Grinch to warm up by the end of the movie." She said nodding her head towards him.

"Fair point." He agreed.

"I think you should have a tree. Decorations as well." She said.

"Why?"

"Because it's Christmas time and everyone should have a tree. Helps you get into the spirit." She said like it was obvious.

"Jews don't have trees." He pointed out.

"I'm sure some do. Besides, are you Jewish?" She responded easily.

"No." He said shaking his head.

"Well there you go." She grinned.

"Tell you what, if you help me decorate it, I'll get a tree." Harry propositioned.

"Deal!" She said immediately. She loved to decorate and jumped at any reason.

"I don't have any ornaments." He said and Piper gasped.

"How? You know what, I don't' even want to know. We're going have to get you a tree, some ornaments, and decorations for your house." She listed off. She was already formulating a plan in her head and making a list.

"Sounds like a lot." He said warily eying her. How he was even considering this was beyond him. How he was even on this tree lot right now was beyond him as well. Piper Kendrick was already flipping his world upside down.

"Then we better get started." She grinned at him.