December 16th

"He was always a confident kid." Gemma began giggling as the three of them went through the baby book.

"I can see it." Piper commented. Harry had an air of confidence to him that clearly wasn't a facade.

"He was such a cute kid." Gemma cooed. "Where did he go wrong?" She asked shaking her head.

"Gemma!" Anne chastised her and Gemma only giggled.

"He's not bad." Piper shrugged.

"At this risk of sounding weird and creepy, Harry isn't bad looking at all. That attitude though..." She trailed off.

"He's just a little grumpy sometimes." Piper defended him. "At least he's not a douchebag who gets a kick out of making other people miserable." She pointed out. "He could be a lot worse."

"I suppose you're right about that." Gemma agreed.

"What's going on?" Harry asked slowly upon seeing them huddled on the couch. If he learned anything growing up it's that women huddled around each other never meant anything good for anyone else. Usually they were up to something.

"Nothing much." Piper giggled. "You were an adorable kid." She said beaming at him.

"Mum, you didn't!" Harry exclaimed in horror.

"Of course I did." Anne said. "Both the baby book and the childhood photos." She grinned.

"Oh god." He groaned running a hand down his face. The last thing he wanted was endless teasing from Piper. Lord knows what kind of stories his mother told her.

"It came up yesterday at tea and I'd forgotten about it when we got home." His mum said.

"That, and you practically stole Piper the minute we got into the house." Gemma laughed.

"Love Actually was waiting for us." He shrugged. He plopped down next to Piper and threw his arm over the back of the couch behind her, effectively tucking her into his side once more.

"It was a good movie." Piper chimed in. She'd mentioned that she'd never seen it and, after a quick look of astonishment because apparently everyone has seen Love Actually, Harry made the executive decision that they were watching it.

"See, it wasn't all bad." He smiled. He got a movie, with Piper, and apparently his mother didn't have a chance to break out the baby books.

"So I was thinking we could go to the town square and watch the carolers sing next to the Christmas tree." Anne suggested as her and Harry shared a pot of tea.

"Muuuum..." Harry groaned. "It'll be cold out and crowded." He protested.

"I don't want to hear it out of you mister. Poppy and Tabitha wanted to go." She shook her head at him.

"Can't I just say I'm sick or something?" He questioned.

"You're not getting out of it this year. You were successful last year but not this year. Besides, don't you want to keep Piper company?" She asked.

"What if I convinced her to stay here?" He challenged like he was a 5 year old.

"We both know you won't. If she loves Christmas as much as you say she does, she's going to want to see the carolers." Anne pointed out. Harry let out a sound of disapproval.

"Ugh, fine. I don't want to go, but I will." He said. Anne smiled and gave his knee a motherly pat.

"Wonderful! It won't be as bad as you're imagining I promise." She said.