December 8th

"This place is way to crowded." Harry grumbled as he and Piper walked through the entrance to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park. Families were everywhere and he saw at least 2 or 3 Santa's walk passed him.

"Thought we made progress yesterday with your grinchy behavior?" Piper asked.

"I am not a grinch." Harry feebly argued. Piper shot him a knowing look and he grinned at her.

"Much like yesterday, instead of seeing all this beauty, people having fun, families together, the music playing, and the food being eaten you only want to focus on the crowd." She said.

"Alright alright alright." He relented. "I'm a bit of a grinch."

"First step is always admitting you have a problem." She teased.

"Yeah yeah." He muttered.

Harry bought them both hot chocolate and a gingerbread cookie to share.

"Thank you." Piper said wrapping her hands around the cup to try and absorb some of the warmth.

"So...where to first?" He asked looking around. There were stalls everywhere with people selling either goods, food, or music.

"Oh I couldn't possibly decide." Piper said shaking her head. Harry sighed, not surprised in the least, and let her lead him forward so she could stop at any place she gave a second glance; so every store.

"This place is fucking huge." He said looking at one of the posted maps.

"We can...well there's the German village if you wanted a bratwurst and German beer...there's.... food that way," she said pointing to the map, "or there's shopping over here. They even have rides here."

"Not really hungry after that cookie. So how bout we just walk around. We'll find something." He suggested.

"Sounds like a plan Charlie Brown." Piper agreed before leading him off in some direction.

"What? Charlie Brown?"

"Something my mom and I say. One of us always ways sounds like a plan and the other would finish the sentence with Charlie Brown. Don't even know how it started but it's sure stuck." She said shaking her head to herself.

"Gotcha." He nodded.

"Speaking of mothers, have you thought more about going back home?" She asked looking up at him.

"Not really." He was enjoying spending time with her and he'd completely forgot that he'd have to revisit the idea of going home. He'd never tell his mother that though.

"You know she's going to bring it up again." Piper said.

"And how could you possibly know that Ms. Kendrick?" He teased.

"Because I know mothers. Relentless and Determined. She's not going to give up. Either that or she'll never let you forget the year you didn't come up for Christmas." Piper said easily.

"Yeah I know." He said.

"Well I think you should go." She said.

"You said that before."

"And I haven't changed my position." Piper pointed out.