Artemis' dream world

Artemis pov

I wake up in my bed at home. I see Jade at the dresser combing her hair. I hear mom and dad laughing in the kitchen and smell pancakes.

"Morning Arty." Jade says smiling at me.

"Jade!" I shout happily and run to hug her.

"Hey you ok sis?" She asks hugging me.

"Just a really bad dream." I say in her chest.

"You gonna be ok." She ask kissing my forehead.

"I'll be fine." I kiss her cheek when I let her go.

"Artemis, Jade. Come get breakfast." Dad calls out.

I run to the kitchen and see mom and dad. I see mom standing, not in her wheel chair. I run to her and squeeze her tightly. She giggles and hugs me back.

"Artemis are you ok? Did you have a bad dream?" Mom asks worriedly.

"I did. But I'm fine now." I answer while letting her go.

"What, dads don't get hugs now." Dad says while laughing.

I crash into his arms and it becomes to much. I start to cry in his arms. I missed this. This is the love I never got.

"I love you my little goddess." He whisper to me.

"I love you too Zeus." I whisper to him.

"Artemis!" A voice screams.

I look to see Kaldur standing in the room.

"Kal what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Artemis this isn't real. This is the work of Simon. Try to think." He explains.

I look at them and try to think. I remember dad giving me a hug. That's when I know something is wrong.

"You hate hugs. You said that they were for soft people. This isn't real." I realize backing away.

They disappear and me and Kaldur end up in a dark room. I wrap my arms around myself slowly.

"Artemis I am so sorry." Kaldur says.

"It's fine. Where are we?" I ask.

"In my head. I need to get you out of here." He explains while taking my hand and running to a door.

We see a woman in a kitchen crying at the sink. The room is so clean and neat. I see the look on Kaldur face. It has guilt written all over it.

"Who is she?" I ask after serval seconds.

"My mother. This is a memory." He says softly.

"What happens now?" I ask looking at her.

Kaldur doesn't say a word. He walks to her slowly and hugs her tightly.

"It is ok mother. I will protect you. I always will. I love you momma." He whispers to her.

"I know my son. Thank you." She says kissing his cheek.

She fades away and Kaldur turns to look at me.

"What happened to her?" I ask.

"I lost her a long time ago. See the tunnel over there." He says pointing to left of me. "Run through it. Do not turn back or even look back." He explains.

I run to the tunnel quickly as I see a shadow surround him. Before I can turn back the hole sucks me up and I scream.