Conner's dream world

Connor's pov
I open my eyes to be in the pod. No! Not again. I try and fight my way out but it's no use. I close my eyes then I wake up in a bed, sweating bullets. The door opens quickly and Clark walks in the room.

"Dad." I call out to him.

He looks at me with red eyes and shoots me with a laser beam. He keeps attacking me as I dodge out of the way.

"Dad what are you doing?!" I scream at him.

He didn't say anything.He just keeps striking at me. The words I hear echoing in my head are

"Monster!"

He finally hits me, slamming me into the wall. I scream as he wraps his hand around my throat. He is suddenly pulled off me by a water rope. I collapse to the ground and see Kaldur running to me.

"Kaldur what is going on?" I ask as I try and catch my breath.

"Connor this is not actually happening. This is a nightmare. You can control this. You have to believe me." Kaldur explains quickly.

I knew that dad would never attack me. I close my eyes and try to think of something better. We are suddenly transported to an empty room with dad gone. I exhale in relief and Kaldur looks around the room something.

"What the hell was that about?" I ask confused.

"This is the work of Simon. He is now changing from dreams to nightmare. Come with me,quickly." Kaldur orders as takes my arm and pulls me to a door.

We open the door and step through it. I see a child on the ground with most likely his mother with a book full of colorful picture on the ground. The woman was reading from the book and the child reacting excitedly. Kaldur walked up to the mother and son and kneeled beside the mother. He looked at the book and lightly smiled. He reached for the woman's hand but reluctantly pulled back.

"I was only several months old when she started reading to me. She would read me stories and some how she would make the story come to life. Her voice was so active in her reading that all I could do was become excited. I wish I could remember her voice." Kaldur said sadly as he looked at the book.

"This is your memory." I ask softly.

"Yes. You need to go through the portal in the corner." Kaldur said as he pointed to the corner.

Kaldur stood up as the scene disappeared. A man came into play and took a swing at Kaldur.

"Kaldur!" I scream to him as he tossed over to me.

"You need to get through the portal now!" Kaldur said as he pushed me to the portal.

"What about you?" I ask as he stares at the man.

"Tell the League that Simon is invoking nightmares. Go now!" Kaldur said as the man came into a clear light.

"Hello son." The man said with a purr.

"Hello Manta." Kaldur growled to him.

"What the." I whisper before being pushed through the portal.

The whole room fell dark.