Chapter 12: Play

Nobody can't 'PLAY' with you except me.

***

Everybody was cheering, while in the back Jacob was sitting lonely. He guessed he was pretty disappointed. Sophia noticed him from the distance, she came by. 

"What happened Jacob?" She asked.

"It sucks when you've been confident that you'll win something and the truth, the plain truth is--you lose." He sighed.

"I used to feel that, too. But then, rethinking it, we didn't win because maybe of our own flaws, I mean like, do you expect to win if we start the dance late? And besides, we've won in our hearts conquering our fears of being in public, right?" Sophia said.

"I suppose so..." Jacob sighed.

"Great, and is there anything else?" She added.

"Er--are you kinda free tomorrow?" Jacob asked.

"I guess I'm pretty free, dad's coming home in the morning, so I'm free after that," Sophia said. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, Nothing, It's just, do you wanna do a hangout-sort thing?" Jacob gasped.

"Yeah, why not?" She answered.

Jacob's heartbeat just kept on beating faster.

"When are you available?" Jacob asked.

"I'm available after lunch, but I think it'll be better if we do it at night, at Aunt Merry's?" Sophia suggested.

"Absolutely, Aunt Merry's is legendary!" Jacob gasped.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow night?" Jacob asked.

"You'll see me tomorrow night, for sure." Sophia said.

Everybody was dismissing, they quickly figured out it was pretty much all for today, not much, just fancy dances and meals. They went back home.

The morning had come, it wasn't as cold as yesterday. The snow also wasn't as thick as before. Cars can pass through the roads. It was a perfect morning for Sophia, perfect until a 'wonk' sound arrived at her house. Yes, old papa was back home. Sophia headed out to the porch, his dad was opening the door, it was a taxi. Arthur came passing towards her, in his some sort of new makeover style, he looked--older, weirder, hippier. He winked at Sophia, didn't say a word, and quickly went in.

"What the hell?" She gasped.

Just before she turned her head back, Tiffany and Sydnee were already outside, they're leaving.

"Can't you guys just stay another day?" Sophia asked.

"Uh, I wish, the church needs us." Tiffany said. "Besides, your dad's home, play with him!"

"Sure, PLAY, He's been playing with me everyday." Sophia sighed.

"What was that?" Sydnee asked.

"Er--Nothing." She replied.

They hopped in the car and went off to Lousiville airport. Which leaves Sophia and Arthur, alone. 

It just felt like a minute after Tiffany and Sydnee left, a minute usually felt like hours, now hours felt like minutes. The sun was setting, it was setting right at the end of the road. Sophia was combing her hair and getting ready. She went to the living room and found his dad watching tv and eating the last pack of Cheetos. 

"Where're you goin'?" Arthur asked while making a huge noise eating the Cheetos. 

"Er--Nowhere, just going to Aunt Merry's for some me-time, you know..." She said shyly.

"You're going with that Jacob kid aren't ya?" He stood up. 

"No, I'm not." She replied.

"Then explain to me, you kissed him, he wrote stupid poems to..."

"The poems aren't stupid! You're stupid!" Sophia shouted.

"Listen to me. Nobody can 'PLAY' with you except me." He threatened. 

"You're my FATHER!" She shouted.

"Your mother's dead, your aunt and grandma just left, no ones here, I can do anything now." He smiled unconvincingly.

"Shut up, you ain't doing it to me, who are you?" Sophia said, "I thought you'll be a  better individual, with all your makeovers, and you've become nothing except a bloody asshole moron."

"I don't care if I'm a bloody asshole moron, as long as you fulfill my lust." He shouted.

"I'M YOUR FREAKING CHILD!" She shouted.

"You're my child, you're my neighbour, you're my mom, I DON'T CARE." He said.