Chapter 14: Living Motherless

Jacob thought there wasn't any way to help her, he decided to leave. There wasn't anything he could do except to just hope for the best.

He took a really deep breath, trying to not think about the worst possible scenario. Stared a moment towards the dark and gloomy room, no longer with Sophia inside.

Sophia wasn't a normal American teen, she was put into so much depression since young, if this kept on going, Jacob could just roll his face, imagining that would never happen, no. Even a mature grown will be heavily depressed when being in Sophia's current position.

The neighbourhood was dark, it was only from Sophia's house, screams and shouts.

Enough.

Jacob could not stay for another minute, not even a second. He went away, not home, to a memorable yet romantic place. Where the butterflies would fly near and the leaves falling down. A place where two left out people became a wonderful sight. In the bridge. Sundown. Silhoette.

It was before, before Sophia and Arthur, -. Which turned their lives fully. To a whole new level, a level which the mission is to stop him, a child can fight, too.

Inside.

"C'mon!" Arthur shouted.

"No way you're treating me like this, oh no!" She screamed.

"Come on baby girl, let's." Arthur hissed.

"Curse your mouth, I can fight, enough!" Sophia fighted back.

Sophia was pushed towards the table, glasses shatter in the floor.

"Don't even dare." Arthur said.

"I dare." Sophia hissed.

"Shut up and do what I want!" He shouted.

Sophia became furious she took the glass pieces and started throwing it at him. She stopped and kicked him. Arthur was pretty much fainting.

The fire was still flaming inside her heart. She was waiting for this to happen. She knew she could fight back, one day.

She slammed the door, sat in a chair. She was heavily depressed. This was living motherless for Sophia. With only a dad living with her, in a quiet neighbourhood. There wasn't anything to fix it, except ending your life.

Sophia thought it was the only thing to do. She went outside, through her window. She ran towards the nearest pharmacy or grocery store opened.

She went inside, she quickly took a pack of razor blades and went to the cashier.

"Excuse me ma'am." Sophia said while putting the pack and not wanting to show her face.

"Razor blades? Odd for someone to buy one at night. What're you using this for?" Said the cashier.

"Dad instructed me, for shaving, mom's going home -- they seperated for a while, dad wants to make a good impression." Sophia replied.

"Oh very well, the store's policies forbids me to sell these to teenagers, but poor dad. I'll give this to you as long as you're not going to kill yourself using one of these, very pointy." She replied.

"Thanks ma'am." Sophia said.

Sophia left the store. She headed to a place, where people usually calls it 'last sight' a place where hopeless people end their lives. It was pretty close to the park.

Sophia thought that she had no future and even though she had one, it was hopless.

She reached the place. She sat in a bench. She opened the pack and took one sharp razor blade out.

Jacob was sitting, dissapointed in the park. Dissapointed that he did nothing to help her. He was just dissapointed.

He was looking around when he noticed someone in the midst. Sitting in the last sight. He quickly stood up, and ran there.

Sophia was gradually lifting the razor blade and began rubbing against her veins.

"SOPHIA!" Jacob shouted, he noticed it was Sophia.

Sophia looked at him, for a while, she ignored him.

Jacob arrived and quickly pushed her hand away from her skin. It left a scratch in her skin.

"Jacob!" Sophia began crying.

"Suicide is no way to solve a problem." Jacob said.

"You don't know." Sophia cried.

"I know." Jacob whispered.

"I can't live like this." She shouted while crying.

"Then we prove him wrong, he'll go to jail, you could live with us or your other relatives." Jacob said.

"You don't have too." Sophia said.

"I do." Jacob whispered.

Jacob called his parents so that Sophia could stay with them that night.