Chapter Four: Horror

Chapter Four:

Horror

"The lads and I were in the studio.

We were in the middle of signing

'Remember Me', and I looked up to see your beautiful face on the other side of the glass. You weren't there and I looked at Paul for an explanation. He held up his telephone and pointed to the backdoor.

I just thought you might have gone outside to take a call, which you did.

We kept recording.

A few minutes later, we were outside the booth listening to what we had so far.

I hear this, bloody scream.

This cry.

I knew it was you. Right then and there.

I don't remember a lot, but being in a rush, throwing things out of my way to get to your motionless body on the ground, in the middle of the ally.

I'm never going to forget seeing you, helpless on the ground. Crying, screaming. I could barely make out what you were saying. Tears streaming down your face.

"Car," is all I could make out.

I yelled and yelled and yelled for someone to call 911.

Then you stopped altogether.

No screaming.

No crying.

No movement.

I panicked."

Louis paused for a minute and took a deep breath.

Then, just like it had before,

a tear fell down his pained face.

Silently.

He started again and I watched his face, and listened in horror.

"I thought you were gone.

I thought you had stopped breathing all together. I put my ear to your chest and I heard what I prayed for.

Your heartbeat.

You were alive.

At that time, I had no clue what was happening.

The ambulance came.

I watched as some man I didn't know picked my life and put her on a stretcher. The boys were trying to calm me down while Liam talked to the police. I rode by your side and held your hand in the ambulance, thinking it might be the last time I got to see you.

Laurie. You were lying there. Asleep, but still crying. I couldn't get you to tell me what happened.

Niall got a hold of the Paster that called you, and we found out what happened.

Laurie," He paused, looking away from my face.

"your mom was out late last night driving home from your sisters house in Florida. A van full of drunk teenagers ran a stop sign, going way over the speed limit.

Love, they hit your mom.

They thought she was going to survive. She was breathing when they finally cut her out of the smashed car. She had her cellphone in hand. She had flipped the car 3 times. They took her to the E.R. They did some tests and prayed. Did what they could. Three hours later, she was pronounced...dead."

Louis said the last word, not being able to look at me.

"Dead....

Dead." I repeated almost choking on the word.

My mom.

Was gone.

~

I awoke from the dream then, and found myself sweating with tears on my pillow. Louis had taken me into our bedroom, but he was nowhere to be found.

I thought about what happened after that. Going through every detail.

~

Louis pulled me into a hug, and I didn't let go in tell a doctor came in.

Louis stood up and shook the man's hand.