Chapter One: Time Will Tell

Chapter One:

Together/Time Will Tell

"Laurie, everything is going to be okay. Just take a deep breath in, then out."

Louis was trying to calm me down. Take my mind off everything that had happened. I knew he was trying to help me, I could see the worry flash through his eyes. Sometimes the worry would stay only for a split second, sometimes it would remain longer.

It was 8:00 AM, and we were just walking through the door of our homely apartment in London. I had moved in with him after Harry decided to move in with Niall. Not going to lie, it was hard for Louis and Harry to part.

I threw my leather jacket on the couch and made my way to the bathroom so I could wash the smeared makeup off my face.

Crying was not something I did in front of people often, but that was a whole different story today.

Before I could make my way through the door, I heard the light thud of something moving behind me.

Louis stopped me and in one move, swiftly pulled me into a hug. The familiar smell of his colon, drifting into my nose, comforting me.

I could feel the warmth of his body as I put my aching head on his shoulder, trying to calm down. He stroked my unbrushed hair and kissed my head. He slightly pulled away from me.

Our eyes met and we stayed silent for a moment.

He had told me thousands of times my eyes are like something he'd never seen before. That they could make any person weak. I didn't understand him though. His eyes were something you could get lost in. Deep blue and sparkling. Often, I would just sit minutes on end looking into them.

They told a story of who Louis was. Kind, exhilarating, and so many other good things that many people don't get to see in him.

Mine were just green. Plain.

"It's going to be okay. I promise."

He had spoken those words to me many times in that hour, in that night.

I didn't know how I was going to make it through this.

But I had to try. For him. For my mom.

"Okay." I said, facing the white tile below.

"Here, come here." he whispered again, pulling me out of the bathroom.

He grabbed my hand and I squeezed his.

He led me to our couch in the middle of our tiny living room and sat down.

Letting go of my hand, he pulled me into his lap.

He turned my tear-stained face towards his, close enough where I could feel the warmth of his breath. He took my face in his hands and turned so I was forced to look into his deep, blue eyes. Louis eyes had a way of comforting me, making me feel safe. If you asked me to explain why I felt so safe when I looked into them, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

His short brown hair that's hadn't been fixed lately, fell over his eyes.

He moved the one single piece of my light brown hair out of my face, gently.

This time, I didn't stop the tears.

Once again, pulling me into a comforting hug, he whispered in my ear.

"You can do it. Don't give up. We can make it through all this stuff. Together."

Maybe I, we, could make it through this. I believed we had the love for each other to do so.

But there was only one thing I knew.

That time will tell.