Chapter Eight: Possibilities

Chapter Eight:

Possibilities

After reading the note we had grabbed our jackets and made out way to the car. In hurry to find out the problem.

"I can hear you breathing hard Laurie. You WILL be fine."

Hands on the steering wheel, Louis looked over to me. His blue eyes visible, only with the glow from the street lights.

He smiles,

and my heart stops.

"It will be fine. I will be by your side, holding your hand through all of this. No matter what it is."

He assured me.

I looked at the road ahead of us, and the trees getting farther and farther behind us as we enter the city.

I laid my head on the back of the seat. And took in a deep breath.

I let my mind wonder.

Have you ever had that one person, that could calm you at an instant? Make you feel like your special?

That makes you feel like with him, anything was possible?

Louis was my one person.

His smile.

Could make me melt, just by the simple curve of his lips.

His eyes.

Holding my gaze every time. Constantly getting lost in them. Blue, sparkling, and forever young.

His hair.

The way without any effort applied, could fall utterly perfect, just above his eyebrows.

But him. Louis. All together, could make me feel safe. Alive.

Sitting in the passenger seat of my worn jeep, I came back to the devastating world around me.

I could see the hospital, a road ahead.

I panicked.

Thinking for the thousandth time,

'What could be wrong with me?'

By the time we pulled into the hardly full parking lot, and found a parking spot, I was almost gasping for air.

Scared.

I really shouldn't have let my mind wonder to all the possibilities.

"Shhhh."

Whispered Louis, as he opened my door.

Holding my hand to help me get out, I took in the fresh air.

Without warning, Louis inched closer, and placed a kiss on my trembling lips. The sweet taste of his lips lingered on mine.

This time, is was me that pulled him into a hug.

I took in the moment.

Knowing that when I come out of that doctors room, I will know something that could possibly change my whole world,

And everything in it.

-----------

What do you guys think?

I LOVE your feedback.

Don't be afraid to tell me something.