Chapter 1

15 years later

Cami's p.o.v

Walking through the door to my house, I sigh as I plop down on my couch thinking about how weird the girls were acting. Well weirder than normal, that is.

It has been happening ever since King Niall declared he was going to get his mate. He said his mate was in our town, so all the girls were going crazy and dressing up like sluts. Not that they normally don't, it was just more revealing than normal. Which made me, and the teachers, highly uncomfortable.

They kept asking me why I wasn't dressing up and I told them all that dressing up isn't my thing. I am more of a nature person. I'm into gardening, it's really relaxing and calms me down.

Anyway, I came out of my thoughts and began watching TV. Turning on Stranger Things because it was a fascinating show which I enjoyed.

"Cami I'm home dear," I heard my mom say as she came back from work.

"I'm in here momma" I yell back as she enters the room and sits next to me. We have a very strong Mother Daughter bond which is the best thing in the world.

"So how was school?" she asks and I sigh.

"Same as always though the girls are acting weird because King Niall says his mate lives in our town," I say putting my head on her shoulder and she laughs.

"Nothing like hormonal teenage girls trying to impress the King," my mom says and now its my turn to laugh.

She wasn't wrong, even the guys at school were going crazy. After all, a mate could be any gender despite that persons sexuality, fate doesn't lie when it involves deciding whos meant to be together. Even if it was against everything the mate believed about themselves.

Anyway, mom and I decided to spend sometime watching movies. She cooked a pizza for us as we settled down to enjoy our evening together.

I really do love our moments like this because it's just the two of us now. I'm an only child as of late and my dad died fighting in the war when I was two. I know its sad but we've got each other and that's all that matters.

We decided to watch the maze runner because its my favorite movie and who doesn't want to see a dirty, sweaty Dylan O'Brien running though a maze with Thomas Brodie Sangster, like come on they are Mcyummy.

My mom really likes Minho because she loves how sassy and sarcastic he can be, she also likes Chuck and cries every time he dies. Much like me anytime a good Harry Potter character dies, Rip my Frederick Gideon Weasley.

It was about 9:30pm when the movie was over. Time always flies when I'm spending time with Mom. We always have fun together.

I got up and went to the kitchen to get a water bottle, once I grabbed it there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I say as I walk to the door.

When I get there I pull it open to see some one that I was shocked to see "How can I be of service your grace?" I say bowing before looking up at him, I can't believe there is a king on my doorstep...

There chapter 1 is complete, I hope you like it and thanks for reading

Bailey