Beautiful, Bipolar, Bella.

Bella woke up in the early morning, the sunlight only just shining through her blinds and hitting her face perfectly, her golden curls in clusters, she quickly brushed a comb through her curls, making it presentable, not that it mattered, she hadn't left the house in years, she was now a sixteen year old with no social life, no friends, she didn't see why that mattered. She thoroughly brushed her straight, white, gleaming teeth making sure they were as clean as she could get them and splashed water onto her face. She looked into the smashed mirror, examining her own face, disapproving all of her features. 

She had shattered all the mirrors in the house years ago, not wanting to see her reflection any more, her brother replaced them a couple of months before this day thinking that she had calmed down from the last time she smashed them but he was wrong. She couldn't bear to see her angelic face, 'my face is so monstrous.' she thought to herself moments before smashing the mirrors. She sighed and slinked back to her room, absent mindedly massaging the scars on her wrists, soothing herself. 

Every single thing in her room was blunt, even the corners of books had been rounded; her brother would go to any extent to make sure that Bella was unable to damage herself in any physical way. Damen revolved his life around Bella, he always made sure she was never home alone, he only left the house when absolutely necessary. He was the one to home school her and care for her, he hadn't seen his farther in years, he hated his farther with a passion.  

Fortunately his farther was still fond of Damen and refused to cut him off so Damen had all the money he needed to care for Bella and more. 

Bella took a book from under her bed and began to read from where she left off the night before, she had a passion for reading, there was never a day go by that she wouldn't read at least two chapters, she could easily finish a book in a couple of days, given how intrigued by the book she was. 

She read stories of romance and lust but never dreamt of feeling that heart filling love herself, that need for someone, she never thought she was good enough for anyone.

Damen walked into her seemingly large room just as she had turned to her tenth page, he sat down gently on her bed, forcing it to rise from the weight of his body. Bella looked up from her book and smiled slightly, her brother was her whole world, he was all Bella knew. 

"Come for a small walk?" He asked, hopefully, he had never lost hope in her, he knew that the happy, joyful girl he once knew was still inside her somewhere, he just needed to persuade her to come out of her shell. 

Her eyes widened with fear "N-n-no!" she protested, trembling.

"You're going to have to sometime, Bella." he whispered, feeling a pang of guilt as he saw the hurt is his adored sisters eyes. 

"Sometime isn't today." she said stubbornly.

Damen sighed and nodded his head in surrender, "Just let it be this year, please." he pleaded.

Bella's eyes started to water in fear of what the outside world could hold, she never wanted to leave the comfort zone which is her home but she nodded slightly and Damen's face lit up, he leaned over, pushing Bella's book down, gently moving the golden strands from her eyes and kissed her forehead delicately. She placed her arm slowly around his neck and pulled him in for a hug, breathing in his scent, it always calmed Bella when she was in panic mode. She pulled away and flashed a weak smile in Damen's direction.

Bella spent the rest of that day locked in her room, reading until Damen called her out for dinner, he had cooked her pizza and pasta, before the age of seven it was her favourite meal but since then nothing had been. She forced herself grudgingly to get out of bed and made her way to the living room, her frail body taking cautious steps. Bella sat on the sofa and waited for her brother to fetch her her dinner; she took small bites of her pizza and swallowed, trying to eat as little as possible because in her eyes she was never skinny enough after she had finished as little as she could get away with she resigned to the bathroom where she fiercely threw up repeatedly.