The Yule Ball

~YES, it has been forever since I updated but, I don't have my iPad anymore D: so I'm now uploading from my iPhone. I will try to update more frequently.~

I couldn't sleep last night. I was too excited for tonight. It was the Yule Ball. I laid there thinking of how he might might go. I smiled. I'm going with Draco Malfoy, my best friend. My friend that I've always had a crush on. I let out a girlish squeal. I jumped out of bed to look for Fleur. Wait. This isn't the Ravenclaw common room. I almost forgot. The sorting, my parents, and I'm officially a Slytherin.

I smiled. I got out of bed and did the usual. I brushed my teeth and after That I put on my outfit (skinnies and a dark green blouse.) since we didn't have any classes today, we didn't have to wear our uniform. I brushed away my bed head. I used my wand to curl my hair. (A spell that my mother had showed me) once I was done I put on my designer perfume and headed out into the common room.

Once I had gotten out into the common room I just stopped in the middle. I looked around taking in my surroundings. All of my family has been in this common room. I'm proud of that. Someone walked in. I was expecting it to be Draco, but it wasn't. I believe it was one of Draco's friends. "Oh. I wasn't expecting anyone to be in here. Aren't you Draco's girlfriend?" I had to stop and think. Draco never asked me to be his girlfriend. I shrugged. "Uhhh ok. I'm Blaise. Your Alice?" I nodded. "Of course."

"Well I'm Dracos best friend. I honestly don't know if Draco counts Crabbe and Goyle as his friends. But anyway I have to go I have waited till the day of the Yule ball to actually get dress robes!" He laughed. I smiled. "Well you better hurry." He nodded and laughed. I went to the couch. I had awhile to start getting ready. I'm going to go for a walk I guess. I grabbed a coat and went out of the common room.

When I got outside I felt the cold hit my face like like a thousand knives. It kinda felt nice to be outside for once. I just started thinking about summer and my birthday. I was excited for summer as well as my birthday. My birthday isn't exactly special. Yes my parents give me presents but not out of love, they only do it because it's what they feel like they need to do as a "parent". I'm ok with it though. My parents don't exactly give a "loving essence". Then I started thinking about his summer.

Somebody sat down next to me. "What are you smiling at so much?" It was Draco. "Summer." I said. He raised an eyebrow. "Aren't we all?" I nodded. "Then what's so special?" He asked. "A lot. But what I'm thinking about how I'm becoming a Deatheater." I looked at him. His face showed mixture of fear, pity, sadness, and concern. "That's not funny Alice. You can't joke about that." He said with a stern face. "It's a good thing I'm not joking then." I said with the same face as him. "Alice, why are you excited? You want to be one of his servants? A worthless killer?" He asked with concern.

I nodded. "My family are trusted greatly by The Dark Lord. Even more than your own aunt, Bellatrix. I have to continue on with this or I will be killed anyway. Besides I will prove to my mother and father that I'm brave. I will have there acceptance. I will have acceptance by the Dark Lord himself!" He nodded slowly. 'The Dark Lord isn't even back yet!" He told me.

I nodded at that. "He will be soon, I know that much. My parents told me they can feel him getting stronger." He listened. "I overheard my dad saying the same." I nodded. "Yes, anyway my parents said that if he hasn't risen by the summer then they will give me the Dark Mark themselves. They know the spell." I told him. I knew I could trust Draco because I know he will have to go threw the same thing as I am, only the Dark Lord won't be as kind.

We kinda just sat there for awhile, taking everything in. I heard a sigh, and I turned. "What's the matter?" He looked right at me. "Well, I'm taking this girl to the Yule ball." He said. I nodded. "I see. What about this girl?" I knew he was talking about me, obviously. "Well I want to be able to say I'm going to the ball with my girlfriend. But you see Alice, what I'm saying, will you be my girlfriend?" I swore my smile reached my ears. I leaned in and squeezed him. "Of course Draco."