Silence and fear.

It felt like forever before I heard the jingle of the lock, it probably wasn't as long as it seemed, but when you don't have anything to do but title your thumbs it felt like hours.

The sound itself startled me, thinking someone was breaking in, but remember a moment later that this is probably the boy who was going to be looking after me for these long months my mother was away.

I hear shuffling in the other room, you'd think they'd be like, 'I'm here,' or something, seeing as I can't fricking see him.

I move my head to the general direction of the noise. Hoping to see any indication as to what the person looks like. For course everything as normal is pitch black.

It's too quiet, I almost want to say something just to make sure it's not the trick of the mind. I don't because in that moment I feel the couch dip a bit beside me.

I feel a light breeze as if someone waved their hand in front of my face. My nose scrunching up a bit.

"So you're Junko-san's son?" Said a deep bored sounding voice. He sounding uninterested in the answer. I nodded my head numbly. Who else would I be though, unless there's another teenager who's disabled in my house, I don't know about.

"She didn't tell me you were blind." He continues still sounding uninterested.

I wave a hand in front of my face, in my way of saying well I am.

"She didn't say you were also mute though," I hear the sound of a zipper a second later, making me jump. "Or this jumpy." I can hear him rolling his eyes for his tone of voice.

What a lovely person you left me with mom.

I shrug.

He didn't say anything after that, I felt the couch dip again when he stood.

After that it was quiet again I felt alone. I stood up myself, standing in the center of the living room, not knowing where to go. I knew if I went too far forward I'd hit the coffee table, and that would be trouble, I knew if I went right I could probably get to the stairs but that seemed scary.

I wanted to leave the room, but I felt stuck, I didn't want to bother the boy, so I sat down again. Feeling dumb for even trying to figure out how to get around my own house.

I lied down on the couch.

I knew my mother was going to call me tomorrow, but I still didn't really want to talk to her, I knew she'd yell if I didn't though, and since I talked to her before she'd left she'll want more from me.

I didn't miss her, but now that she was gone I felt more alone than ever. Even if there were a stranger in our house. I had forgotten what a home felt like long before I was blind. But this was new, the numbing feeling of being lost, and not being able to move without hurting myself.

The only thing I had going for me before was my art, now there was nothing, I was nothing. Just a blind boy who couldn't even move.

"Are you just going to lay there?" Comes the bored voice again.

I don't move or respond.

"Come to the kitchen,"

I shake my head.

"Do you not know the way around your own house?" He asked sound slightly pissed.

I nodded. Closing my sightless eyes tightly.

"Of course,"I hear him mumble to himself.

I feel a soft touch around my wrist, and being pulled into a sitting position. He helps me up, then leads me silently to the kitchen.