One more time around.

Yamaguchi

My shaking didn't seem to want to fade away anytime soon, it feels as if I can still hear her yelling in my ears, even with my head pressed against Tsukishima's chest. His heart should be comforting, but all I do is shake more and grip tighter on his sweater, balled in my fist.

His whispering in my ears sounds like its coming through a brick wall. My tears already dried, legs tangled together.

Tsukishima breathing was normal, chest rising and falling. Hands running up and down my back, playing with my hair.

I don't know what time it is, or how long we've been laying here. It felt like seconds, but from the way my tears stopped coming, it had been hours.

Tsukishima

When I had gotten the call hours earlier I knew something was wrong, Yamaguchi had called, I was confused when all I heard on the other line was heavy breathing. By the time, Mao had spook into the phone I was already on the bus.

She said that Yamaguchi needed me, she didn't sound like herself either, voice too calm and serious for the normal Mao.

When I had asked what was wrong, she said, Yamaguchi's mother stopped by.

I swore a few times, Mao laughed venom dripping in her voice when she spoke again, she finished with I know, saying she needed to get back to them and that Yamaguchi would be in his room, where he had locked himself after the little visit.

Now here I am holding a shaking Yamaguchi, at least he wasn't crying anymore.

I was still pissed at his mother, she can't just come here, and do these things. They had all moved on. Things were looking up. Yamaguchi was going to a therapist. Mao and Yuzuki were getting married in a year, and now everything was crashing down around them.

"You doing okay?" I whisper when his eyes flutter open.

He shakes his head, "No, but I can't cry anymore," He whispers into my neck.

I nod, kissing his forehead.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, hands running through soft hair.

"No. Is my mom okay?" He asks in turn, going to sit up I hold him in my arms tighter.

"Mao's got her," I mumble.

"I need to be with her," He whimpers.

"Ok," I let him go. Watching him carefully as he stumbles out of the room. Keeping his hand on the walls.

Yamaguchi

I knock on their door softly, hearing Mao whispers. Not enough to make out what she's saying, but from the sound, it sounds like she's comforting my mom.

I push the door open. I walk straight ahead until my knees hit the end of the bed and crawl until I feel my mom's hand on mine. I lay down beside her.

I feel Mao touch my face, rubbing the tears off my cheeks. "Hey, Bub." She says softly, her hands warm and small on my cheek.

"Hi," I muttered, holding my mom's hand to my chest.

"Are you ok?" I ask my mom.

"She's ok," Mao answers, a sad smile in her voice. "What about you?"

I shrug.

My mom hugs me then Mao does. I hug them both back.

"I love you guys," My mom whispers into my hair.

"Love you too," Mao states, making a loud kissy noise when she kisses my mom's cheek.

"I love you guys too," I whisper to both of them.
<----------------------->