Chapter 3-A Real Friend

Why did he bring me here? Why did he bring me to a barn?

Kyle could probably see the confusion written all over my face. "Oh come on Sky, it'll be cool. And besides your brother Luke says that you sing." He spoke while grabbing my arm and dragging me to the gigantic doors.

"Whoa, wait, you know my brother!?" I said surprised. I honestly didn't think that my brother had actual human, friends! Okay, okay, that may be a little harsh, but how would they know each other?

"Well, yeah. We had Engineering Prep together last year." He explained to me. My brother loved that class, he has always wanted to be an engineer. Ever since we were little.

"Oh" Was all I could say back. Kyle then dragged me inside the barn and to my surprise it was super cool. The whole place was decked out, there was a stage in the back and a dance floor right in front of that. There was also like a little bar to the side, with food and stuff. There was even arcade games!

"My dad owns this place, ever since I was little he has wanted me to have a cool hangout spot. And to be honest this place is pretty perfect." Kyle spoke once again.

"So what is it exactly?" I stared in awe. It was beautiful.

"It's like a club, I guess. You know for like teenagers, no alcohol. And also it's basicly all country, like country singers and stuff like that." He explained to me while scratching the back of his neck.

"This is so cool! And it is like all yours?!" I get really excited. I really like this it is so cool. And it is country! I love country music. Luke used to sing country song to me before the twins were born, he said that his terrible signing always made me feel better.

"Basically yeah, if you want you can go on stage and sing something. You know check it out." He told me making me really excited.

"Okay!!" I almost shouted because I was so happy. I ran up to the stage and put "Light It Up" by Luke Bryan, into the karaoke machine while also grabbing the mic from the stand.

"I open my eyes, reach for the phone

Not a word from you baby

It don't leave my sight since we had that fight

Can't remember but maybe

I blew you up

In the middle of the night again

You were drinking with your friends

You ignored it but you got it

I get so neurotic about it baby

'Cause I know you're reading your phone

I can't help from going crazy

Thinking you might not be all alone

I wake up, I check it, I shower and I check it

I feel the buzz in my truck

And I almost wreck it

I always got it on me

Just in case you want me

So, if you're looking for my love

Then light it up

Every time I unlock my screen

I hope I see one of them red lipstick 'I miss you' pictures

I'm on your clock, you're in control

You want me now baby go figure

My worlds at the tips of your fingers