Chapter 4-The Audition

Skylar's Dress  ^

                                                                                Skylar's Dress  ^

"Skylar, calm down. You are going to do fine." Kyle tries to reassure me. Key word here, TRIES. And let me tell you it is not working. Let me break it down for you, today is Friday! Today is the day that I am supposed to sing in front of a shiz ton of people!

"I can't. I can't do this." I say back to him shakely. I start to pace back and forth back stage, we have about 20 minutes before I perform, and I am so frickin scared!

"Skylar, love, look at me." He tells me as I look up to him to continue. "You have been practicing non-stop, all week for this one moment. You are going to do fine. And besides you are one of the best signers I know. You. Will. Do. Fine." Kyle finishes. I guess he is right. And besides everyone is here, well him, Luke, and the twins that is.

All week we have came here after school to practise for tonight, and as much as I want to go out there and sing my heart out and prove to everyone that I am worth something, I am terrified. But at the same time Kyle is right, I need to do this.

"Ok.... I guess." I agree even though I really don't want to admit that he is right.

"Good." He says as he pulls me in for a hug. "You are going to do amazing. I promise" He continues as he holds out his pinky just like how I did on the first day we met. I hesitantly accepted the offer just as Kyle's dad went up on stage.

"Hello everyone, how are y'all doing tonight!" He shouts as the crowd erupts into screams and whistles. "That's good. Well tonight we have a very special signer here. Here to sing "Friday Night" by Eric Paslay, is little miss, Skylar Bay!" He introduces me as Kyle gives me one last hug and then pushes me on stage with my guitar.

"H-hi guys, I hope you are having a good time here tonight." I stutter out to the crowd as I get my guitar ready. I then nod over to the sound and light guy, showing him that I am ready. I step forward to the mic as I hear the background music start. And I just start signing along to the beat.

"Here we go

Yeah

I don't wanna be your Monday morning heading back to work

Stuck in traffic going slow, nothing on the radio

I don't wanna be another chore to check off on your list

Things you gotta do, places that you gotta go, oh no

I wanna be your Friday night sweet ride

Summertime sunshine barefoot in the moonlight

I wanna be your jackpot hotspot

Wide open road in a candy apple rag top