Chapter 28

"You're going to have a special guest at your show tonight," Molly smiled, but Harry got tense.

"What do you mean?" He asked. He was still a little on edge, despite his first show having gotten decent reviews. Most reviewers were pleasantly surprised by his change in wardrobe and general appearance, stating that it matched his music and his style. Yet, some felt he was still getting used to being on his own, but that was to be expected for his first show.

"An old friend of yours," Molly smiled, hoping he'd guess, but he cocked his head in confusion. "Someone you could probably get back at by making him sing 'Stockholm Syndrome' with you..."

"Oh, Niall," Harry chuckled. "Yeah, I know. There are actually going to be a lot of non-fans at this show since it's LA, and I think Jeff's invited some important people."

"That makes sense." Molly nodded, for once agreeing with Jeff. "Actually, there's another surprise guest -someone I'm bringing- but you know her."

"Your mom?" Harry bit his lips at the memory of meeting Deborah.

"No, god no," Molly laughed. "No, a certain flower-named girl we both know."

"Oh, Daisy?" Harry seemed thrown off by that, and was still a little upset that she seemed to have disappeared without a goodbye a few weeks ago.

"Yeah, that doesn't bother you, does it? Your girlfriend and your former crush hanging out together?" Molly was joking, but something in Harry's reaction made her think it was not far from the truth.

"I didn't have a crush on her - I'm not 13," Harry retorted and laughed.

"Okay, but you seemed quite....what was the word... besotted with her." Molly teased, and Harry nearly rolled his eyes when he recognized what she was referring to.

"I don't know how that became the 'word of the day' after that article was published, but that word is now used any time I'm linked to a new girl." Harry shook his head. "And no, I wasn't besotted with Daisy, and I certainly don't have any kind of feelings for her now."

"I'd hope not," Molly smirked. "I'm going to sit in the audience with her, unless you'd prefer I stay backstage."

"No that's fine. You can get a different perspective sitting in the audience." Harry had liked knowing she was just off stage for that first show, but he thought it would also be nice for her to see him from the fans perspective. There were still a few things they wanted to work out with the performance, and this could be helpful.

"Awesome. I'm going to pick her up from the airport and then we'll probably get dinner before coming here. Unless you wanted me around for moral support or something?"

"No, I should be fine," Harry shrugged. "I have some stuff to go over with the band anyway."

"Great, well I guess we'll see you tonight!" Molly gave him a kiss goodbye and left for the airport, leaving Harry on his own.

As he got ready for the show that night he wondered if he should ask Niall up on stage with him like he had done to him back in London. It would only be fair, right? Harry thought so and laughed to himself as he pictured Niall's reaction. Then, he got an even better idea and decided to practice one more song with his band as they warmed up.

Molly and Daisy talked over dinner, but avoided one main subject. Finally, when they were ordering dessert and Daisy got something she said she'd never tried before but had a sudden need to eat, Molly decided to bring up the elephant in the room.

"So that's why you didn't order a drink with dinner," Molly said quietly. "I wasn't sure if you were, still..."

"Well, I don't drink, but...yeah, I am, still." Daisy cleared her throat. "It's about four months now."