Chapter 31

A/N: I just want to point out that the guy in the header image is not Harry! (although I could see Harry wearing that!) It's Jim Morrison of The Doors, and I mention the belt he's wearing in this chapter : )

For his show in Nashville, Harry worked with his stylist Rupert to come up with an outfit with a country twang. He ended up in cowboy boots, dark colored jeans with a bit of embroidered accents at the hems and the pockets, and a plaid print shirt - which he buttoned all the way up to the top. He accessorized with a a belt, which Harry thought looked a lot like the belt Jim Morrison of The Doors was known for.

At the start of the show he wore a cowboy hat, which he promptly removed and tossed into the audience to an eager audience member. Molly stood backstage watching with her own cowboy hat and boots, opting for a skirt, and a plaid shirt similar to Harry's. There was definitely a more fun and relaxed vibe to this show as Harry got over the nerves of playing his first few concerts. The audience seemed to feel this as well, and reflected it back at Harry and his band.

His cover of 'Girl Crush' went over particularly well with this crowd, and a few of his own songs - like 'Sweet Creature' and 'Two Ghosts' had a bit of a country sound tonight. He even tried out his best southern accent, and the audience roared with approval.

Near the end of the show, he introduced 'Kiwi' and the audience cheered loudly. "How many of you would like to see 'Kiwi' as my next single?" He asked with a cheeky smile.

Backstage, Molly and Jeff exchanged confused glances. "What is he talking about?" She muttered quietly, but Jeff was equally confused.

Harry dove into an electric performance of 'Kiwi' like they'd never seen before, and crowd went absolutely wild. They carried that energy into the last song - 'Sign of the Times' and ended the night with a positive feeling. Overall it was a success, and Harry left the stage feeling better than he had during his tour so far.

"If each show keeps improving like this, by the time we get to the last show in Japan you'll just be levitating on the stage, transmitting the songs telepathically to the audience," Molly joked, and gave Harry a kiss as he came off stage.

"That's certainly an odd image," Harry laughed. "I think you've been watching too many science fiction films."

"I'm just saying, the improvement is clear - to me, and to the fans, and most importantly, to the critics. I know you don't like to read reviews, but after the LA show, people were buzzing about the partial One Direction reunion."

"That's not really about my show, though," Harry added skeptically.

"Yeah, but people liked it!" Molly smiled. "So, what now? Are we going to go out? Get lit?" Molly grinned and nodded, hoping Harry would agree.

"Get lit?" He laughed. "I don't think I've ever heard you say that before."

"Come on, they's a certain energy in the air, can't you feel it?" Molly tugged on his shirt sleeve to persuade him to go out tonight.

"We have another show tomorrow night, we can't get turnt, or lit, or whatever else you kids call it these days." He smiled in amusement at Molly's enthusiasm.

"Then, I guess we'll just have to take this back to our room, then," Molly leaned in to whisper in his ear, and Harry did not protest this suggestion.

"That is definitely something we can do."

Despite staying up too late because of this 'positive energy' Molly kept referring to, they were on the plane the next morning to head up to Chicago.

"I've never been to Chicago before," Molly buzzed as she looked out over the city while the plane came in for landing.

"It's a nice city," Harry added, looking up from his notes on tonight's show.