Chapter 47

"Molly!" Alexa screamed into the phone once Molly answered her call. "Molly, Harry has a girlfriend!"

"I know," Molly blushed and giggled to herself, and glanced over at Harry next to her in bed.

They had, of course, 'made up for lost time' after his show last night, and spent the rest of the night in each other's arms. Upon waking up to the many texts and missed calls from Alexa, Lily, and her other Harry-infatuated friends, Molly realized their little secret was (partially) out.

And surprisingly, Molly felt completely okay with that.

"And where are you? I've been trying to reach you all day?" Alexa whined.

"Sorry, my phone died; I just plugged it in," Molly lied. She wasn't quite ready to admit to her bestie that she was the one dating Harry. She knew she'd have to eventually, but Molly hoped to be far away from her when the news broke.

Okay, technically she was on the other side of the world -pretty far away- but Molly wasn't sure how to explain it, or prove it was real.

Luckily, Harry had thought about this issue, and had (in his own words) a 'completely logical solution':

"Come to the ARIAs with me," he beamed over breakfast once Molly had gotten off the phone.

"Like, as your date?" Molly balked.

"Yeah, as my girlfriend, I mean. I basically told the world I loved you last night, so this seems liked the next step, right?" He tilted his head in thought as this idea suddenly didn't seem so smart anymore.

Molly shrugged. "I guess at some point, but don't you think we should let things settle down first? The fandom is on fire right now after what you said last night."

"I think it's best we nip it in the bud, set things straight before the rumors start flying again." Harry explained, and Molly reluctantly acknowledged his sound reasoning.

"True, but..." It was all happening so fast. Was she ready to go public with him?

"Molly," Harry leaned closer and took her hands. "I love you -I have for...I don't know how long- and nothing's going to change that." Harry explained with a certain light in his eyes Molly hadn't seen before.

'He really does love me' she thought, and smiled shyly.

"The fans will figure it out eventually, you know that, so it's best we take control and set the story straight ourselves." Harry continued.

Molly didn't want to agree, but she had to admit his logic was sound. "I hate it when you're right," she groaned, and leaned closer to him.

"So you'll do it?" His eyes opened wider, and smiled a full-dimbles smile that melted the last remaining ounces of Molly's willpower. "You'll come to the ARIAs with me?"

Molly still cringed at the idea, and tried to think of any excuse. "I don't have a dress, and you've probably already RSVPed no plus-one, so..."

"Actually, ages ago Jeff said he'd be my 'date' so I have two seats reserved in my name." Harry explained. "And we can easily get you a dress by then," he added.

'Of course,' Molly thought with a pout. "Speaking of Jeff, maybe we should check in with Jocelyn and your PR team to see what they think about this?"

"Good idea, I'll call her right now," Harry smiled and grabbed his phone.

Molly closed her eyes and sighed, as she knew what Jocelyn would say - because it's what Molly would recommend. It was for her own personal and selfish reasons that she wanted to keep their relationship between just the two of them -as it should be- but it wasn't that simple.