Chapter 4 ~ Broken Promises

Broken Promises

Heyyyy guys! So chapter 4 is here! I'm not sure if this story will take off but I hope it will! Love ya!

Bold italics will be the flashback, I will also put flashback there so you guys won't be confused.

Hinata's POV

     I ran, I was running because at the moment it was the only thing I was sure of. I knew I could run, I knew I could cry, I knew I could hate, I knew I could feel broken. That's why I am running, that's why I feel this way. My heart was aching, my feet felt as if they were on fire, my eyes were swollen and the cold air of the night sky didn't make it any better. The breeze only made it worse. I could hear their yells in the background, but I kept running. I stopped at the swing set in the middle of the park and I sat down on the swing farthest to the right. I felt my tears drop on my hands.

     "Hinata! Hinata! Where are you," I heard husky voice yell. I watched as Naruto stopped running and stood at the front of the park and stared at me.

One step.

Two steps.

Three steps, four.

Five steps, six steps, seven steps more.

    I repeated the nursery rhyme in my head until he was in front of me. "Hinata, I'm sorry, Shion, she was just, a temporary thing, and I-" I stopped him.

    "When did you start seeing her," Naruto looked down at his feet as if he couldn't answer, "when," I yelled. Naruto looked at me surprised that I raised my voice as if he thought I didn't have it in me to talk above a gentle whisper.

    "Six months ago, August to be exact, we were fighting and you threw me out so I went to a hotel and Shion was there and I guess we were both upset so we had a moment but it didn't mean anything to me because I loved you," Naruto confessed.

    I wanted to smile I really did but I couldn't right now just seeing his face made me upset. "So you've been seeing her ever since," I scoffed, "and you say you love me." I gave out a bitter laugh, "Naruto-Kun I waited for you for six years, six freaking years, six goddamn years! Years that I could have spent with another person, like Kiba, I always knew his feeling for me but I rejected them, for you! You of all people should know how it feels to lose a loved one, I lost Kiba when I started dating you, he started to distance himself from like I was a relic of depression but I put up with it because I love you and now you tell me that you love me, right after I find out that you've been cheating on me with my cousin, my own blood," I raged. Naruto couldn't look me in the eyes, he looked as if he was too scared to and I didn't blame him, I must have looked pretty angry to shout like this.

    I scoffed, he was speechless. "H-Hinata I know you're mad," he stepped closer to me, "but we can work this out and talk about this." He reached out for my hand but I quickly pulled it away. I got out of my seat and pushed him away from me.

3rd Person POV

    "You told me you wouldn't hurt me Naruto-Kun, you promised me! It meant something to me, but what about you, do I even matter to you," Hinata questioned.

    Naruto looked away from her, squinting his eyes as if it pained him to answer, "I just can't answer that."

    Hinata's world came crashing down around her. She remembered the day he made that promise to her.

Start Of Flashback

    Hinata waited at Ichiraku for Naruto. He was 5 minutes late and honestly, Hinata was afraid he stood her up. She was excited, that was the pure truth of it, she has waited for this day since she met Naruto, which was about nine years ago. She was drawn out of her thoughts when she felt someone sit in the seat next to her. "Sorry but that seat is reserved for-," Hinata paused and looked at the blonde haired boy that sat next to her.

    "Reserved for me, right," Naruto asked. Hinata quickly nodded and smiled at him. A blush crept it's way up Hinata's neck to her cheeks.

    "So let's start eating, I'll pay so order as much as you want, Hina-chan," Naruto said while giving Hinata one of his signature grins. Hinata blushed at the nickname but ordered a bowl of Miso Ramen and started to eat.

    Halfway through the date, Hinata started to mumble things to herself. "You're going to hurt me, I just know it," Hinata mumbled quietly. Being a ninja, Naruto heard what she said with ease.

    "Why would you think that Hinata, I would never do anything to hurt you, I promise," Naruto declared.

    Hinata smiled at him. "I hope."

End Of Flashback

Hinata's POV

    Now we are in the situation I hoped we could avoid. He hurt me like I predicted. I thought I could trust Naruto but just like any other man, he couldn't be trusted. Hinata moved past him, "Very well then, I guess I'll forget ever loving you since you don't feel the same way," I said with as much confidence as I could muster.

    I pushed passed him and made my way out of the park and I was on my way to find the girls. I was ready to do something dangerous for a change.

I was ready to leave.

A/N:

Damn Naruto messed up big time, and with Shion of all people, what a terrible choice, I hated her since the moment I saw her so I knew she would be perfect to play the bitch part. Hope you guys liked the story!

~Cosmic~