Chapter Four

We both lie there, not sharing any words with each other. You could probably hear a pin drop in the cave, if August’s breathing wasn’t so loud.  “Are you ever going to tell me what’s going on?” August finally asks me.

“I have, I’m running away,” I sighed. “What more is there to say?”

“You could say the truth,” he joked.

“Why do I have to tell you anything? I don’t know anything about you,” I snap.

“Well, we could take in turns. Like I can say something about me, then you can say something about you. I won’t lie to you so you shouldn’t lie to me,” He suggests. I nod.

“You go first then,” I agreed. He stopped talking and started thinking of what to say.

“I used to have a pet cat,” he says. “Now your turn,”

“Well that’s lame and not very personal. Anyway, I’m not running away from my parents, I’m running away from my home. I’m the only one that lives there,” I explain. He nods.

“My parents are gone to,” He admits. “I think that counts as a fact about me so your turn,” He smirks.

“Okay well, I don’t have any family members,” I say.

“I gathered that,” he mutters. “So, why are you running away?” he asks me. I don’t think I can trust him. I’ve only just met him. For all I know, he could secretly be after me like everyone else on this stupid planet.

“Just some personal stuff. I’m not comfortable of sharing personal stuff with people that I just met,” I smile.

“But yet, you would stay with them,” He laughs. I laugh to.

“Well, I’m tierd after my ‘run’ so I’m going to sleep now,” I joke.

“Ah yes, that ‘run’ of yours,” He chuckles. “Anyway goodnight then,”

I roll over, and try to get to sleep.

“Wake up, you said that you would leave in the morning and well… it’s the afternoon,” Someone says, gently kicking me. I slowly open my eyes to see August, standing right next to me. I groan. “What, was all the running away tiering?” He jokes.

“Look, thanks for letting me stay but, I have to go like right now,” I sigh. He nods. I quickly get up and pack my things. I stare at my family photo, with my mum, dad, sister and I in it.

“Do you miss them?” August asks me. I nod. “I miss my parents to, and my cat,” he jokes. I giggle. “So, when are you leaving?” He asks.

“Now, why?” I reply, still looking at the picture.

“I want to come with you,” He says. I look up at him with surprise.

“If you want to but we need to leave now,” I say sternly.

“Okay let me just pack my things,” He smiles. He quickly grabs a bag and fills it with clothes. “Okay let’s go,” He cheers. I roll my eyes. Now it’s August and I, running away forever. I don’t really want to be stuck with him by he could be help at some stage. I hope he helps me.