Chapter Eleven

A/N: Well hello there, Wattpad readers! My name is Maddy and this is the first authors note for this story (: I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I haven't updated fore ageeesss but I promise that this chapter will be extra long just for youu J anyway don't forget to like, comment, follow and whatever else you can do on this website!

Bullets, they never usually miss the body. It's like the person on the other side of the gun have perfect aim. They never miss. I fire the bullets right into their chest, sending them back. It almost kills me, the thought of killing someone for doing their job. Even if their job is to kill me. I look around to see if anyone is left standing at the doorway.

"Lee, I can't hear anyone else, where are you?" I whisper-yell. No reply. I slowly get up, not taking my eyes off the large doorframe that sits in front of me.

"Lee? You can come out now," I say.

"No you can't," I hear a voice say from my left hand side. I spin around to have a gun pressed against my forehead. There is a brown haired girl staring me right in the eyes. Her dark eyes are staring though me and tearing me apart.

"Wh-wh-who are you?" I stutter. She laughs.

"My name is not important but you need to help me. I know August, he's my brother. I need to find himself," she explains.

"So do I, and I can't help you at all," I spit. She gazes at me with shook on her face.

"You know I have a gun pressed against your freaking head, and then you speak to me like that," she chuckles under head breath. "I will shoot you, no hesitation."

"You're bluffing. I can tell," I smirk.

"I'm just like you so your powers can't help you now," her sick smile spreads across her face. I shake my head.

"I could help you, if you help me," I offer. She lowers the gun to my chest.

"Keep talking," she says.

"I will help you find August IF you tell me everything you know about him," I explain. She nods and lowers the gun to her side. Her smile fades to a look of appreciation.

"Thank you. August has a habit of running off at the wrong times. Our parents need help," she says. I laugh at her comment about him running off.

"I totally agree with the running off, but when he did run off it was my fault. What's wrong with his parents?" I ask. I see her eyes fill with tears that threaten to escape. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked," I smile. She smiles back. Not a creepy smile, more like a smile that you would do when you're grateful for something. A genuine smile.

"It's okay it's just that the city got to them. I wanted to rescue them with the help of August. I wouldn't be able to do it on my own for my powers are not as strong as his," she explains. I flinch at the word 'powers'. She didn't' seem to notice though; she was starting to walk away from my view.

"His powers... what are they?" I ask. She stops in her tracks. Giving me a quick glance, she continues to walk. A bit faster this time, trying to get away from me and my questions. I rush after her. "Why won't anyone tell me? We made a deal remember?" I complained. She stops once again and sighs loudly.

"I don't know," she admits. I look at her in confusion. She slowly turns to face me.

"You said that he was powerful, how could you not know what his power is?" I yell. I throw my hands up in the air. It probably looked like I was flipping an invisible table with insane force that you would get from pure anger and frustration. She starts laughing at me. "What?" I bark.

"Nothing, but I swear you just get more of a bitch every time you speak," she laughs. I roll my eyes.

"I am not a bitch, I'm just heavily sarcastic," I snap.

"Nope, you're a bitch."

"Fine, I'm a bitch. Get over it," I laugh. Somehow we both end up laughing our butts off over calling myself a bitch.

"Wow, I think we better get going not before it gets dark," she suggests. I nod. "By the way, my name is Bliss."

"My name is Kaylee. Now that's settled, we can now continue on this search," I say. Bliss smiles. "Now, where would he be?"

"I have no idea, maybe his house," she suggests. "I'll stock up on water. You gather some books and some food." Nodding, I pick up my bag and walk towards the bookshelf. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her race out the door. Can you really trust her? August seemed pretty convinced that his parents were dead. I jump from the voice suddenly talking. I laugh at my stupidity.

"You know, she does look like August. I think she's not bluffing. She would have shot me back there if I said no," I argue. Yes, I argue with some stupid voice in my head, but I'm not mental I swear. Well then, tell me a time when I was wrong. I open my mouth, but quickly shut it. "I am meant to be grabbing books so can you just shut up," I bark. Yes, I also yell at myself and even sometimes insult myself. Walking over to the bookshelf, I hear a cry for help. "Lee, is that you?" I whisper. "You can come out now,"

"I don't think I can. I don't trust her," she whispers back. I roll my eyes.

"Well I do, and if you don't then good-"

"DUCK!" Lee shouts. Ducking just in time, I see a bullet fly past me. I run to hide behind a bookshelf.

"oh Kaylee, I never liked August," a voice laughs. It was coming from Bliss.

---

WOw cliff hanger much? Will Kaylee and Lee make it out alive? Will Kaylee stop being a bitch? Theres one way to find out, and that's to keep reading!