Prologue

~~~~13 Years Old~~~~

"Yoongi!" I call out as I walk down the stairs to the first floor. "Where are you?" I shout then I look up from the stairs.

I hear yelling towards my left and look towards that direction, seeing the basement door open and hearing Jimin and Jungkook shouting different profanities. I walk towards the door and go downstairs, seeing Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon, and Hoseok playing Mario Kart, Yoongi laying on the couch watching, Seokjin on the phone ordering pizza, and Taehyung wandering by the walls drawing on them with his finger.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Jimin yells at the TV then Jungkook zooms past Jimin, winning first place. "Dammit!" Jimin yells as Jungkook and Hoseok celebrate their win.

I giggle as Jungkook and Hoseok jump around in circles and sing as Jimin and Namjoon glare at the two dancing.

"You cheated!" Jimin claims as he stands up, pointing at the television.

"No, we didn't!" Jungkook denies as he points behind him towards the television. "You guys just suck at it." He insults then Jimin yells as he tackles Jungkook on the couch.

They then start to wrestle as Jungkook puts his feet on Jimin's stomach, launching him into the air and over the side of the couch, landing with a loud thud, causing the others to laugh.

"Will all you shut the hell up?!" Seokjin yells then we all go quiet. "I'm sorry, my friends don't know how to be quiet." He apologizes to the man on the other line.

"Y/N," Yoongi calls out then I look at him, "how come you came down here with us and left your friends?" Yoongi asks.

"All they ever talk about are boys!" I complain as I lay on the couch upside down. "All of the boys I go to school with are jerks and there aren't many attractive guys." I explain then Jimin sits up, resting his head on the arm of the couch.

"We're not even attractive~?" Jimin whines then I gag.

"Ew, no! You're all my brother's friends! I would never crush on any of you guys!" I answer then Jimin smiles.

"That's right, bug, we made a pact that we don't fall for each other's friends." Yoongi agrees then I sit up. "Boys your age don't know how to be nice to girls anyways. That's why you always hang out with my friends and go to them for help." He lectures then I nod.

"That's right!" I agree then I look at Taehyung.

He was talking to himself and tracing the decals on the wall with his index finger. He grew up in a very abusive household with his mom and it's still going on, so it affected him psychologically and he has a hard time socializing with others, but Yoongi lets him hang out with us because Taehyung is comfortable around us, especially me.

"Taehyung!" I call out then he looks at me as I smile at him. "Let's play Mario Kart together! We'll be on a team against Jungkook and Hoseok!" I suggest then Taehyung looks around.

He then looks at me and nods slowly. He walks over to the couch and sits down next to me then I hand him the Wii remote. Jungkook and Hoseok then grab their remotes and sit down on the other side of Yoongi.

"Do you know how to play?" I ask Taehyung and he nods.

"You hit the 2 to go, the 1 to go backward, the A to jump, and the B to use the power-up?" Taehyung asks then I nod.

"We definitely have a good shot at winning!" I cheer as we pick our characters.

Taehyung picked Yoshi as his character, I picked Princess Peach, Jungkook picked King Boo, and Hoseok picked Donkey Kong as his character. The first map was Daisy Circuit on the Star Cup. I started in last place, Taehyung started in sixth place, Hoseok started in tenth place, and Jungkook started in third place.