Chapter Five

Unlocking my locker to grab my duffle bag with my equipment in it I closed the door to the locker.

When I shut it I saw the face of Mads.

"Hey Mads! You ready for soccer practice?"

"I should be asking you that question. It's beyond hard. He doesn't stop until we drop. You better be careful. Me and the girls have been working with him for years, and it's still hard for us."

"Well he sounds harsh. We better hurry we still need to change. I don't want to be late on my first day."

Running through the halls we raced into the locker room and changed as fast as we could putting our bags and clothes into the lockers.

Making our way out onto the field we noticed coach wasn't there yet. Taking a deep breath we exhaled.

"Whew, we made it just in time Jess."

"Thank gerdness. I don't what I would have done if I was late on the first day."

We walked over to the other girls and started to stretch. Mads and I were stretching our legs when the girls began to giggle. We looked up and the guys walked out onto the field and began to stretch as well.

"So the guys have soccer this period as well?"

"Yea, it sucks though cause all these girls see them and go berserk." Mads made a face and pretended to be like the other girls on the team. It made me laugh so hard I was crying.

"This is going to be so entertaining."

"Wait for it coach gets on to them everytime for start g at them and not putting their head into the game."

"Well they better get their heads out of the boys' arses and put it into the game."

Walking off to join the rest of the girls coach came out onto the field. Splitting us up with girls on one side and the guys on the other.

Making us stretch for another ten minutes he called us all into the middle of the field.

"Alright team we're a family and today we have a new member. I want you to give her your best, and give her a rough time. Let's see if she's worth it. Boys and girls let's welcome Jessica Haen."

Everyone looked around and Mads pushed me out into the middle. Looking around me I saw the team, taking in their appearances. Then my eyes stopped on Jake and his gang.

Sighing coach looked at me and says, "Do you think you're worthy? Worthy to be on this team. Worthy to win national championships?"

"Well by what I've heard and looked into y'all choke everytime you get close to a championship. With that said I know I'm worthy. Y'all better bring your best today." Crossing my arms coach and both the teams gave me a look.

"Alrighty then. Girls versus boys. Boys have the ball first. Let's go!"

Running out onto the field we got fired up. Memorizing the plays that were given to me this morning I give it all I have. Jake was on my tail as I passed it to Mads. Running along side each other she kicked it up in the air over me. I jumped into the air and did a flying kick, making it into the goal.

Running back to the girls side of the field, they all just stared at me.

"What are y'all looking at we have a game to play." They all looked surprised. "Girls come on we got this."

The girls gathered around and we were neck to neck with the boys. Each team was in need of one more point to determine who was the winner.

At the moment I'm head to head with Jake. He has been on my rear end the entire game.