Chapter Twenty-Three~

-Chapter Twenty-Three-

-Fray’s POV-

In my mind I was freaking out more about whether Ciel was okay rather than the hell hole that surrounded us, I’d been here before with Hunter and Zack, Kendal and Alan on the other hand seemed cautious about it all.

“Fray? Have you been listening to shit I said?” Hunter growled into my face which pulled me out of my thoughts of Ciel, children, and possibly diapers.

“Yeah,” I mumbled.

“What did I say?” He inquired.

I glared holes into his eyes, if he wasn’t going to be the uncle of my children I’d kill him, I’d never in hell call him master either, he’d always tried to get me to do it.

“You haven’t been listening you twat!” Hunter growled.

“Stop worrying, Fray, Ciel will be fine,” Zack reassured with a understanding smile.

“Now let me repeat everything I just said, and Fray, pay attention, we don’t have time to waste in this hell hole,” Hunter warned. “Remember, if we spend more than three days in here getting out isn’t an option anymore.”

“What do you mean ‘isn’t an option?’” Alan demanded.

“As in you are permanently tied to this world, no leaving, you stuck here,” Hunter taunted with a smile.

“You tell us that now?” Alan glared.

“You wouldn’t have come if I told you before, would you?” Hunter reasoned.

“You’re an ass,” Zack mumbled. “I thought you told them.”

“Baby, don’t turn against me,” Hunter mumbled softly to Zack, playing his innocent partner game.

Zack sighed and looked away and Hunter smirked in triumph. Then turned back to us and looked directly at me as he said, “We have two days, we’ll be heading through a small town as nomads, anyone asks where you’re from you say Leachenstien and wear these-” he gave us each an amulet “-it’ll cover your human scent. We need to get through the village and go through the woods for quite a few miles and break into a prison that is out there.”

“Doesn’t sound too hard,” Kendal said as if to reassure us all. I looked around and knew that we all knew better than that, going through a village of demons from a shadow realm was hard enough, but to have to go into the woods full of tribes of demons ready to rip your head off and eat you alive right after and still needing the strength to break into a shadow prison, that was too much for a day’s work, we’d have to make it through the village today, get to the prison by tomorrow sunrise and leave the exact day so we don’t risk getting stuck here.

After what felt like hours of walking Kendal began to mutter. “Are we there yet?”

“No,” Hunter responded in a stone cold tone.

The air smelt like death, rotting and sweet, everything smelled like it and I was beginning to fidget, the smell was overpowering and it had been awhile since I had tasted blood. My mouth almost began to water and my vision became hazy.

“You’re starting to feel it, aren’t you?” Zack asked with a worried expression. “It’s stronger than last time we were here, isn’t it?”

I nodded, teeth grinding together and jaw set into stone. I had no doubt if Ciel was here I would have sunk my teeth into his pretty little neck already, just the thought of the taste of him made my teeth sharpen.

“Here,” Hunter said tossing me a bag of probably donated blood. “Stop drooling and drink, I didn’t bring too many, so don’t be so weak.”